Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone heard anything about the black diamond lift or rusty offroad 3" lift. i had a 3.5 warn black diamond lift and it preformed well. i would go with tera flex but i heard its made in another country.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mikey, I have also been thinking about the Black Diamond 3" lift. I have been trying to locate people that run it, but I can't seem to really find anyone.

If anyone has any comments on this lift please share them! I am all ears(or eyes in this case). :shock:

·
Registered
454 Posts
There are a couple people around here who have the BD lift. They like it. I think it is a good basic kit. If I were to do it again knowing what I know now I would probably go with this lift (instead of OME) because of the little bit of extra lift it gives and the cheaper cost.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am thinking of the 2.5 "OME, 3" Black Diamond, 3.5" BDS or 3"--4" Teraflex. Not sure which one yet. I had a RE 4" lift on my YJ and they screwed up my order the first time. Not too pleased with them. I want max flex for 33" tires without going Long Arm. I will be adding a 1" BL too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no one heard anything about rusty offroad. ive talked to both rustys and bd and they assured that there was no vibe in the rear and no wheel contact. black diamond said a 33 would work and rusty said a 285 (which is a tad smaller than a 33) would fit. ive used rustys stuff before zj skid open air filter and tube. both reasonable priced and manufactured good. ive also used black diamond on my old yj 3.5 thats when warn made the lifts. i was really impressed.

so if anyone has info on rusty offroad 3 rubi lift it would surly help

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also going with the Black Diamond kit. Low price, not needing to install a new driveshaft right away are my main reasons. Are there any R.T.I. numbers available on this lift? I'll be planning on running extended brakelines, swaybar discos, and 305s...
-Ken

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ken, let us know how you like that Black Diamond lift once you install it. Some pics would be nice too! :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
waiting for my lift to come. i decided on the rusty offroad. it was about a 150 less then the black diamond lift. it came with shocks and jks discos are cheaper when buying the kit. i figured i would run this til i can afford the air rock and a lca system. so i hope it all pans out. til next weekend im still running stockbut not for long

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
mikeyj72 said:
waiting for my lift to come. i decided on the rusty offroad. it was about a 150 less then the black diamond lift. it came with shocks and jks discos are cheaper when buying the kit. i figured i would run this til i can afford the air rock and a lca system. so i hope it all pans out. til next weekend im still running stockbut not for long
Now the fun begins....If you are like me you will be changing that out the second you have the $$ in the bank...TBT LA and AiRock for me this winter...:D:D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ooo yes the fun part. i'll just pb blast the heck out of it . air rock system looks graet. told the wife it would make a good xmas present. or bday present. she pretty good about that stuff. lol i got to get some pictures. what lca are you going to install? i've seen clayton offroad manufacturing makes some nice ones.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
mikeyj72 said:
ooo yes the fun part. i'll just pb blast the heck out of it . air rock system looks graet. told the wife it would make a good xmas present. or bday present. she pretty good about that stuff. lol i got to get some pictures. what lca are you going to install? i've seen clayton offroad manufacturing makes some nice ones.
I am currently running RE fixed length LCA's...I will have 8 Toys by Troy CA's soon..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got the rusty lift on. did it last weekend. this weekend i will try it out. does anybody know of any tech tips on putting the engine back in place? i was going to cut the driverside brace and put it under the body mount close to it on the driverside. and weld or bolt a piece of metal to hold it level. do you think that would work.
its nice to stand out in the crowd
  • kahki rubi, 3" rusty offroad lift,warn rock bumper, hs9500i warn winch,285 75 16 mtr's

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mikey, glad to hear you put the lift on. I'm somewhat confused about your last post when you are talking about the engine needing to be put back in place. Did you also install a body lift with a MM lift?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts