Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing too exciting except for an out of stater showing up to offroad in a rented KIA. Yep, I said Kia. We took an alternate route to Bill Moore Lake that was a little tougher, which meant the KIA had to be winched and strapped all day. He also smashed up his rocker panels. A trail ride that should have taken about 3 hours, took 7.

Here are a few poser pics.

Three Jeeps mounting one rock.

A drought means a weak mudpit.

One Jeeper said this pic looks like a SEMA display.

See above.

Poser exctasy.

Gratuitious scenery shot.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts

reminds me of the vid a few months ago...when the guy ask`s the lady
if she is leaving....then takes the "rock" spot

:roll:

Mike...
any pics of the KIA?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no kia pics yet. i should have some coming though. it was the mini van type sephia to make matters worse.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Mike Holmes said:
no kia pics yet. i should have some coming though. it was the mini van type sephia to make matters worse.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:bowing: sephia kia.....

:jaw:

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
PBR Stitch would by proud of you! Did you get any red light to red light racing done? Seriously, great picks and it looks like a great place to wheel.

Ken

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mike

Photo's look great, just wish I could have been there.

My back is still wacked. Maybe one day we can wheel together.

Last year I came down Red Elephant hill from Bill Moore Lake and took a spur road with some friends. The road soon became a shelf road heading north along the frontage road.

A Toyota pickup was leading. All of a sudden the trail gave way under him. His rear axle got hung up on a rock as the trail and the front of his truck went over the side. The shelf was 320' to the bottom with a couple trailer homes underneath.

Well like 4 hours later and 2 winches, we got him back on the trail. Biggest problem was anchor points. Anything in our reach we immediatly pulled out.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that trail is like quicksand, LOTS of loose dirt pockets and rocks that want to pull you over the edge. here are a few more pics.

this one demonstrates how getting too close to the edge can be trouble. the funny (scarey?) part was that the sahara driver tried to spot me around to winch off of me, but the left side is a lot more narrow than it appears. when he couldnt he spotted me back so he could run a line (and tree saver) to a tree. he spotted my tire right into his and i started pushing him over the edge. scared the hell out of us both.

KIA a/k/a "why a 3 hour trail took 7".

here is the KIA minivan, getting ready to drop the kids off at school

the KIA renter, walking away, wondering how he can explain the smashed up rocker panels to the rental agency

imagestation will probably re-size this pic really small, but here is a cute girl in a bikini top :D

derek (steelerman from co4x4) picking out wedgie, while i stare at the ground..wondering what happened to my life...where it all went so horribly wrong....

ingvae, if your interested and feel better we are tentatively going to wheeler lake, 8/6 (wed) as a group, and i may be joining a group going to carnage canyon 8/2 (sat). not sure on carange though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Man the pics are great :) Glad ya'll helped the KIA guy out.. After a couple of hours I would probablly abandoned the Kia.... (if i was the renter)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts