Rubicon Owners Forum banner

521 - 530 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have been using chain reaction but their supplies have been getting sparse. Jenson is too expensive north of the border, Amazon as usual is hit and miss. I will check out merlin, Thanks.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #523 (Edited)
I have been using chain reaction but their supplies have been getting sparse. Jenson is too expensive north of the border, Amazon as usual is hit and miss. I will check out merlin, Thanks.
Yep, I stopped using Chain Reaction because they were pricey. There were a couple of other English companies I used but one was pricey and the other sells pull-offs as new.
I have found Merlin to be pretty fair, it did take about 5-7 days for shipping, it may take longer now due to the Great Pandemic of 2020.
I do alot of shopping around for parts, sometimes I will but from Ebay if parts are from a bike shop, usually cassettes.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
I was ordering brake levers Sunday from a third party seller Gap30cycles. I was thinking to myself the name sounded familiar.
I get an email this morning telling me they don't have the part and can't get the part.
Suddenly I remembered why the name sounded familiar, they did the same thing to me before.
What's worse the part is still showing available on Amazon.
I ended up having to order more expensive levers.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Man, I got ripped off from the new Nashbar/Performance store. I ordered two pair of new Performance Ultra bibs. They are Ultras in name only, sizing is Cinese sizing now. They say Made in the US, but I don't think so, or maybe it's just the tag made in the US .
I called about returning, I was told they could not take back the pair I tried on and their would be a 15% restocking fee on the other pair.
I have been a customer of this store for 35 years, it has had different owners but this time they suck. I am out 161 bucks because of this sorry business.
What's worse is I still need reasonably priced bibs.

521 - 530 of 530 Posts