Rubicon Owners Forum banner

521 - 533 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have been using chain reaction but their supplies have been getting sparse. Jenson is too expensive north of the border, Amazon as usual is hit and miss. I will check out merlin, Thanks.

Reactions: Wildrat

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #523 (Edited)
I have been using chain reaction but their supplies have been getting sparse. Jenson is too expensive north of the border, Amazon as usual is hit and miss. I will check out merlin, Thanks.
Yep, I stopped using Chain Reaction because they were pricey. There were a couple of other English companies I used but one was pricey and the other sells pull-offs as new.
I have found Merlin to be pretty fair, it did take about 5-7 days for shipping, it may take longer now due to the Great Pandemic of 2020.
I do alot of shopping around for parts, sometimes I will but from Ebay if parts are from a bike shop, usually cassettes.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
I was ordering brake levers Sunday from a third party seller Gap30cycles. I was thinking to myself the name sounded familiar.
I get an email this morning telling me they don't have the part and can't get the part.
Suddenly I remembered why the name sounded familiar, they did the same thing to me before.
What's worse the part is still showing available on Amazon.
I ended up having to order more expensive levers.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Man, I got ripped off from the new Nashbar/Performance store. I ordered two pair of new Performance Ultra bibs. They are Ultras in name only, sizing is Cinese sizing now. They say Made in the US, but I don't think so, or maybe it's just the tag made in the US .
I called about returning, I was told they could not take back the pair I tried on and their would be a 15% restocking fee on the other pair.
I have been a customer of this store for 35 years, it has had different owners but this time they suck. I am out 161 bucks because of this sorry business.
What's worse is I still need reasonably priced bibs.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
I rode another fifty Sunday, it was really breezy and raining hard as the bands came through. The rain was stinging when it hit the skin. Riding by the seawall was fun with waves breaking and getting doused with salt water.
I was the only one out riding as is usual when the conditions are adverse.

Attachments

521 - 533 of 533 Posts