Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
IS that Paragon?

Looks good....BG6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's Paragon.
Sorry for the delayed response :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,879 Posts
Never been to Paragon (hopefully sometime) but is that even a trail you are on when you flopped it. Kinda looks like you are just hammering through the woods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ytodd said:
Never been to Paragon (hopefully sometime) but is that even a trail you are on when you flopped it. Kinda looks like you are just hammering through the woods.
Actually that is at BigDogs, near Winchester, VA. Yes, it is a trail, it is also shown in some of the pics as Don's Ledge. When I flopped, I was on the extreme edge, almost in the woods, off camber, nose high in a hard left turn and my ps rear climbed an 18" rock in about 12" of linear travel... it was all over at that point......
But, we righted it and went on to complete the competition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rescue2emtp said:
I did the wall about a month ago. Just got my seat back from the sewer department. Interesting to say the least. Question is did you take that line straight up or did you cut it a little right and take the unlimited line?
Never made it up Don's ledge (is that the "wall"?) yet w/o pulling cable. It will be on the menu at next month's competition so I'll have another go at it.
I think it is doable for me on the extreme right side, but my last attempt on that line didn't work too well.
BD has a lot of tough spots that are over my head :)

Will you be coming to the Spring Fling?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
Sorry should have specified. The wall at Paragon. Great pics and vids though. Sorry don't think I can make the trip, schedule is pretty full at this point. Its hard enough just to get down to Paragon and I'm only 40 miles away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,879 Posts
BG6 said:
ytodd said:
Never been to Paragon (hopefully sometime) but is that even a trail you are on when you flopped it. Kinda looks like you are just hammering through the woods.
Actually that is at BigDogs, near Winchester, VA. Yes, it is a trail, it is also shown in some of the pics as Don's Ledge. When I flopped, I was on the extreme edge, almost in the woods, off camber, nose high in a hard left turn and my ps rear climbed an 18" rock in about 12" of linear travel... it was all over at that point......
But, we righted it and went on to complete the competition.
Cool, it is always hard to tell by video and pics what is going on. Thanks for clarifying. I assume though you are not afraid of the skinny pedal. :D

Interesting watching you climb that tree :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rescue2emtp said:
The wall at Paragon. Great pics and vids though. Sorry don't think I can make the trip, schedule is pretty full at this point. Its hard enough just to get down to Paragon and I'm only 40 miles away.
Oh.... THAT Wall. No, I have not been able to get past the little ledge w/o backsliding. Last Month I tried a second time and a l m o s t did it. Then I almost went sideways, which was a tad unpleasant.

Sheesh, 40 miles from PAP, that's better than 1600 on the SATs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ytodd said:
[
Cool, it is always hard to tell by video and pics what is going on. Thanks for clarifying. I assume though you are not afraid of the skinny pedal. :D

Interesting watching you climb that tree :eek:
Thanks. I'm slowly learning how to use that pedal, but am often accused of approaching the proper level from the wrong direction.
That tree was a real crowd pleaser.. felt stable from where I was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
BG6 said:
rescue2emtp said:
The wall at Paragon. Great pics and vids though. Sorry don't think I can make the trip, schedule is pretty full at this point. Its hard enough just to get down to Paragon and I'm only 40 miles away.
Oh.... THAT Wall. No, I have not been able to get past the little ledge w/o backsliding. Last Month I tried a second time and a l m o s t did it. Then I almost went sideways, which was a tad unpleasant.

Sheesh, 40 miles from PAP, that's better than 1600 on the SATs!
Well your alittle higher than I am. I'm only running 33's. I don't know if you saw the video, but one of the PAP regulars ran a bone stock XJ up that wall and took a much more impressive line to get there. So after seeing that video we all said if he can do it we can do it. Well about three of us did it. Long wheelbase and low center of gravity are you friend. I got up to the little ledge and had someone connect the winch cable. Rather unsettling hitting the brakes at that ledge though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: BG6

stone0075 said:
Jeep looks alot taller then a 4.5 LA
Great looking Rubi... that tree climb was a kool move! :laugh:
Thanks....
Actually, it is currently running the 5.5 RE springs w/the 36" Iroks. But, the pics in the album linked in the 1st post are with the 4.5 springs and 35 MTRs. The lift had only been on a week when we went to PAP.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
I would also like to thank you for wearing a helmet. Although tragic, your video proves that this is a smart piece of gear to have while playing our sport.

Justin


PS the guy shooting the video summed it up well: OH ****!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
Helmets are good. Its hard to see but when ever something bad comes up I usually strap my helmet on, and sometimes the goggles too. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
BG6
A question about your rims, are you using 15X10 with spacers behind them? and, on your 36"IROK's, are they 36X13.50 or 36X12.50?

thanks for Pic, and video's, video footage is always a treat!!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top