Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the currie nose guard bumper. It doesn't fit rubicon's . The steering pump line come up thogh the the top. I had to use a plasmia cutter. To make it fit and cut a lip off it hit the grill. Called currie they said it didn't fit .I told them when i ordered it was for rubicon even on my order form. They said they could do nothing for my extra time in it. None of the holes lined up. I thought currie made good stuff. I also bought their rock ridz one the powdercoat was so tore up. Told them about it . They said they give me a t-shirt. I think curries head is getting to big :evil:

·
Registered
467 Posts
1) currie does make good stuff

2) sounds like you got an idiot who took your order and didnt know to tell you it wouldnt fit a rubi - that sucks

3) i have had lots of powercoating issues ranging from problems surviving shipping, to severely fading in only a few months. PC isnt all its cracked up to be.

4) maybe their heads are getting too big, its possible. i know a few people in the industry and several have mentioned they are tough to work with. why do they deal with it? see "1)" above.

sucks dude, but at least it sounds like you got it to work and it gave you a reason to get in the garage to screw around for a while. :D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Ok, to hijack this thread. What is powdercoating actually? From all the stuff I have gotten I have ocme to the conclusion its merely anti-rusting shipping coating and nothing more. I have stuff that had a good coat of primer followed by basic black Krylon that lasts forever. Even with the good packaging Eddie does for my Jeeperman stuff, it still has rust on it no less than a day after its installed ( and no not from install nicks).

·
Registered
467 Posts
rust, let me guess, around the welds? (not a dig at jeeperman, this isn't uncommon for welds to rust through powercoating fast). my poison spyder rocker knockers rusted around the welds and through the PC in less than two weeks.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
all welds, and at alot of corners of material that isn't welded.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, Currie makes outstanding products, but their customer service is awful. I bought an adjustable track bar from them. Nothing in any of their literature states that it is for 4 inch and larger lifts. When I complained politely to them about this, their reply was that I should have known, since this was one of the components of their complete 4" suspension package. However, the trackbar was listed separately on another page. They would not give an inch, and then told me that no other manufacturer makes track bars for 2 inch lifts. This is untrue, since JKS offers both types of track bars, and they are made by ORG manufacturing, the same firm that makes the Currie track bar. Finally, their tone and attitute was arrogant and patronizing, and quite unfriendly. As much as I admire their products, in the future I will go out of my way to avoid doing business with them, unless absolutely necessary.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are right their customer service sucks. I'll never by direct from currie.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Rust and Jeeps are relitives...No matter how much you hate them they always show up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Careful

Same thing happened to me with Raingler products, so I posted a message on one of the BBS's. Just so happens that the owner (I believe) was on the board and aside from getting blasted by all the board members, they fixed my problem right away. It seems that all the board members were very fond of Raingler, so I took a lot of "trashing" as if I hadn't tried to solve the problem. After trying to get a replacement for over a couple of weeks (at no cost to me) to no avail, they fixed it in about 3 working days... Funny how that works <<<=8)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Powder coating is problematic. To get a good bond the metal has to be perfectly clean. Any spec of dirt or rust hiding in a pit and it will lift the coating and either rust underneath it or come through the coating. In addition most places don't take the time to ensure that thin areas like corners get a good coating.
Because the prep time needed to do a perfect job would raise the price of the products to the point of being uncompetitive most places do a "good enough" job and deal with occasional problems when they arrise.

I have yet to have powder coating survive more than two winters. I'd rather have tremclad. At least it can be touched up easy.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
For me, I tend to simply get a can of good primer and black paint and repaint right over the new clean product before installing. This gives me years of life provided you touch up any new scratches oyu make when wheeling.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
If your not happy with a product, this goes for any product, jeep, home office, etc.., and they manufacter dosnt help I would go to the Better Business Buerau. They are on the internet too. Useually this will open there eyes. BUT YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY EXHAUST ALL OTHER METHODS FIRST. Just my 2cents
Pete M

·
Registered
85 Posts
I seriously doubt there is anything different about a Rubicon when it comes to front bumpers, much less noseguard bumpers. This has to be due to something else. Are you running an anti-rock ?(required for this bumper) Any other mods you have made up front? Do you have a body lift?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do have the antirock. On rubicons the power steering lines come out the top of the box.Currie is the biggest joke their is .Their custumer service sucks. When I talked to them about it they said it fit untill I told them my lawyer would be calling them.They said they give me something for my touble .A two dollar shirt. Had to us a plasma to cut their junk to make it fit

·
Registered
402 Posts
Re: Careful

rlj said:
Same thing happened to me with Raingler products, so I posted a message on one of the BBS's. Just so happens that the owner (I believe) was on the board and aside from getting blasted by all the board members, they fixed my problem right away. It seems that all the board members were very fond of Raingler, so I took a lot of "trashing" as if I hadn't tried to solve the problem. After trying to get a replacement for over a couple of weeks (at no cost to me) to no avail, they fixed it in about 3 working days... Funny how that works <<<=8)
Also funny how I can explain what happened to you 3 times, send you free products, refund your postage and prices for your envelope (btw, did you ever cash the 1.62 cent check yet) and apologize profusely for our miscommunication while we were traveling to an event to support fellow Jeepers and keep trails open for you, and you still continure to bash us for the smallest cosmetic blem on one rollbar grip that we had to acutely study to even see what you meant, it just amazes me. Please forgive our error and enjoy the stuff we sent. We did reply before we ever saw your post on the other BB and you can look at the time and date stamp if needed. Have a nice day. -Eddie

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eddie, I hope you own a Rubicon or are considering the purchase of one.

If so welcome to our group.

If not, this forum is for Rubicon owners, and people seriously considering owning one only.....

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Eddie has one and he also saved my ass on my tire carrier dilemma. I know I got blown up with the previous net shipment fiasco with FedEx, but that was FedEx's fault and not Raingler's. Eddie and the gang are da bomb 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's cool.... I see he has actually posted here quite a few times, I have just missed them...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts