Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to find the TrXus Mud tires? I have looked locally in the northern central Ohio area and am striking out. I am open to internet/mail order shopping if shipping is reasonable.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
I got a set of 4 with rock crawler wheels (wheels $39.00 ea.) the whole package mounted balanced and new lug nuts was $734.76 out the door from 4Wheelparts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Ken White said:
Where is the best place to find the TrXus Mud tires? I have looked locally in the northern central Ohio area and am striking out. I am open to internet/mail order shopping if shipping is reasonable.

Thanks in advance.

Ken
You could always call Interco and ask for a dealer near you.. Might save some $$ in shipping that way.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!! Still searching for tires and wheels!

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Purchased Tires and Wheels!

Well I looked around for Tires and Wheels and I ended up ordering through National Tire and Wheel. They have a great selection of tires, wheels, and TrXus sizes. However, because I decided to upgrade to the Weld forged alloys wheels (somewhat spendy), I had to go with the best deal on the Tires I could get. BFG offered free shipping on the BFG MT KM's, so this package ended up being cheaper than with TrXus.

I hope I won't regret this decision. Thanks for the thread updates and I'll let you know how the BFG's hold up.

Ken

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Congrats Ken...

You will like the traction of the BFG. It is the sidewalls that bug me.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. I know the BFG's are weak in the sidewalls, I'm hoping the new KM's are better. There is more mud than rock where I live and I'll have to be careful when I play on rocks. I figured I was better off going with forged alloys rather than steel, so I am way over budget and the wife is starting to question my sanity, so I skimped where I probably shouldn't have.

Thanks again for the help on all of the posts.

Ken

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Ken White said:
Thanks for the help. I know the BFG's are weak in the sidewalls, I'm hoping the new KM's are better. There is more mud than rock where I live and I'll have to be careful when I play on rocks. I figured I was better off going with forged alloys rather than steel, so I am way over budget and the wife is starting to question my sanity, so I skimped where I probably shouldn't have.

Thanks again for the help on all of the posts.

Ken
+

Hey you didn't skimp where you shouldn't have.. That is what I am doing when I get my new rims and tires next month. I would rather replace a bad tire then have to live with bent rims like my last JP..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts