Rubicon Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
I think the Bushwacker Flares look the best
but I have personally seen 4 of them destroyed.

As such, I use the warns

·
Registered
680 Posts
X2 on the omix.
I hit a tree with mine and they bend right back, very flexable.
and they already have a kind of dull finish, so they should look the same in a few years too. :)

Here's a few pics with them on.
Jeff

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes the OMIX look pretty good. Thanks for the pics. I have them book marked incase I need to purchase again. $150 seems a good deal. I already bought some new factory Rubicon flares for a great deal. I like the fact that the OMIX seem to be more flexable than the factory ones.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can anyone tell me why the ads all say that their flares won't work on a Sahara model? Seems to me all the holes are in the same location....could the problem be the little extender behind the fender cutuout? :roll:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Bluejam said:
Can anyone tell me why the ads all say that their flares won't work on a Sahara model? Seems to me all the holes are in the same location....could the problem be the little extender behind the fender cutuout? :roll:
Because the Sahara has that body cladding along the rocker :wink:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Has anyone seen the new? EGR 753944 6" flares?

Quadratec has them for $150.

I'm having a hard time finding out more about them.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I had (still do just not on the TJ) 6" bushwacker Flares. I bashed one on a tree and knocked it over the flare flexed but it did push my fender in a little. Nothing major I would have never noticed it, if I didn't change the flares out. All I had to do to fix it was pull the front fender out by hand and dolly out the mating surface of the fender. They worked great but they made mj Rubi. look smaller, so I swiched them out for the stock ones.

·
Registered
363 Posts
jeffj78 said:
B-MAN, I'll agree to disagree with you :D

I have seen more of the Warn's crack then the BW's. I watched a guy last winter run his BW's into a tree and they bouced back. I watched Dino crack his Warn's at Badlands...

I have heard the Warn's do flex more, I just haven't seen it.
Well I have had the opposite experience...my 6 inch Warns flexed where a set of BW's cracked: same trail, same day...ummm same tree :lildevil:

Even just pushing down on them, the BW's feel a lot more rigid than the Warn's. My Warn's certainly show where they have tried to mate with a rock or tree here or there...but they have held up really well.

Still...it is almost always a mistake to generalize off of one or two specifics. I suspect that if the BW's weren't worth much that we would be hearing about it big time...the Jeep crowd not being one to hold back an opinion. :pBR:

Just my .02 cents (.0242 Canadian) worth.

John

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
jeffj78 said:

I have seen more of the Warn's crack then the BW's. I watched a guy last winter run his BW's into a tree and they bouced back. I watched Dino crack his Warn's at Badlands...

I've since partially ripped 3 BW's away from the tub and cracked the other.... all in one night's wheeling! Flares suck but are necessary if your dietary recquirements do not include eating mud thrown up at ya from the tires :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,792 Posts
RubiMon said:
jeffj78 said:

I've since partially ripped 3 BW's away from the tub and cracked the other.... all in one night's wheeling! Flares suck but are necessary if your dietary recquirements do not include eating mud thrown up at ya from the tires :wink:
My Warn 7" Trail Flares were tough as nails. So tuff, they kept tweaking my fenders. That is why I got rid of them and am putting the Poison Spyder front flared tube fenders and rear flared crusher corners on. I tried to go a few weeks without any flares and the $hit was thrown everywhere...

:p

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
silver_rubicon said:
So i guess no buddy has heard of the TrailReady Automotives Flairs? NOT the Bushwaker ones.... these measure 7.25" wide, not 6"
I wonder if there harder or softer then the BW ones??

[quote="silver_rubicon":1i0503lz]Has anyone tried this other companys "TOMB RAIDER / BUSHWACKER STYLE 1997-2005 WHEEL COVERS"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQitemZ8019206743QQrdZ1

they look just like the BW pocket flares? there made by a company called TrailReady Automotives

[/quote:1i0503lz]

I bought those same flares off of eBay. I thought they were too flimsy for my liking, so I put them right back into the box and sold them. I could picture a tree destroying them on a light impact.!

·
Registered
538 Posts
JeepnBeer said:
silver_rubicon said:
So i guess no buddy has heard of the TrailReady Automotives Flairs? NOT the Bushwaker ones.... these measure 7.25" wide, not 6"
I wonder if there harder or softer then the BW ones??

[quote="silver_rubicon":2t40gpvd]Has anyone tried this other companys "TOMB RAIDER / BUSHWACKER STYLE 1997-2005 WHEEL COVERS"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQitemZ8019206743QQrdZ1

they look just like the BW pocket flares? there made by a company called TrailReady Automotives

I bought those same flares off of eBay. I thought they were too flimsy for my liking, so I put them right back into the box and sold them. I could picture a tree destroying them on a light impact.![/quote:2t40gpvd]

Thanks for the input!

Flimsy is what i'm looking for! i want a flare the is soft and flexable so i can bash them into a tree and they will flex.
Were they a thin hard flimsy or a thick flexable flimsy?

·
Registered
638 Posts
The material i think is really for a mall cruiser. Not too strong. I can picture it shattering, instead of bending. They truely didn't look like they were good quality.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts