Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Freeport/port Aransas areas. Where should we go? Just got this rubicon and ready to hit the beach!

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
While growing up my father told me if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all :wink2:

That's what I think of Texas beaches :grin2:

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
While growing up my father told me if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all :wink2:

That's what I think of Texas beaches :grin2:
Well, if you live in Texas, it's the only choice unless you want to travel out of state.

Sent a PM to Steve578, he's in the Houston area and might have some ideas.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Freeport and Port Arkansas are kind of on opposite ends of the Texas coast. If you are in the Port Arkansas area go to the Padre Island National Seashore and you have 60 miles of beach front to ride down until you get to the cut between North and South Padre Island. It's a fun drive and depending on when you go you tend to see fewer people and rigs the farther down the beach you go until you get to the cut at the 60 mile marker and then there is almost always people there camping and fishing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What jcoffey said. Hit PINS! If you are into fishing at all, make sure to take a rod and reel. Hit up Roy's in Corpus for some tackle and info then hit the beach.

Galveston and Port Aransas are on opposite ends of the Texas coast with Freeport somewhere in between. Are you meaning Rockport instead of Freeport? Rockport and Port A were hit HARD by Hurricane Harvey and are still recovering, but they have definitely made some good progress.

If truly going to be in the Galveston area, your best bet would probably be Bolivar Peninsula. The driving isn't nearly as remote on Bolivar though. Where 87 turns north and becomes 124, you can continue straight onto the beach. THat direction is more remote, but travel a few miles down and you're likely to run into a few old codgers that enjoy letting it ALL hang out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts