Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a compressor.

Talked to Kilby already, doesn't look like I can run his setup with a Safari Snorkle and the factory air box. So engine driven OBA options are out.

I have a 10 lb. CO2 tank that I love and carry with me. I have the Williams balloon regulator with a 140 lb. spring.

The reason for the 12 volt hard mount, I want to use it as my primary air source. A lot of my wheeling consists of 3-4 day excursions in to the Colorado rockies. The CO2 tank just does not have the volume for the 3-5 times I have to air up.

So what are my options? I am looking for the highest CFM/pressure 100% duty cycle compressor.

Currently I am leaning towards the ExtremeAire severe duty compressor. 4 CFM @ 0 PSI, 1.3 CFM @ 100 PSI. It is a 100% duty cycle compressor.

QuickAir III ???

Please let me know what your thoughts and experiences have been.

TIA

BTW, I'm not interested in that Oasis York thingy.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Don't give up on the York compressor yet. I am in the process of coming up with a mounting system that will allow the use of a York and the factory air-box. I will post a full write up when I get the time to finish (assuming it works).

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I am going with the Extreme Air myself...Like the setup and like the owners.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
triver525 said:
Don't give up on the York compressor yet. I am in the process of coming up with a mounting system that will allow the use of a York and the factory air-box. I will post a full write up when I get the time to finish (assuming it works).
Factory air box is not the issue. It's the factory air box and Safari snorkle.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ingvae said:
Factory air box is not the issue. It's the factory air box and Safari snorkle.
How does the Safari snorkle mount to the airbox? I have heard of people bringing the snorkel into the back of the box or flipping the box around. It would shorten your snorkle hose but if it is all molded that might not be a good choice. When you get the snorkle in (if it isn't already) could you take pictures and show us?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts