Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ on 35's and other stuff
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to raise up the belly of my 2006 LJ - without adding a body lift.
As I understand the nth skid would do this, but no longer available.

Options? Thoughts?
Thx
Vince

·
1,818 Posts
The Nth skid provided that option by including a metal bridge shaped piece that you would temporarily put on top of the transfer case. Then the body would be lowered on top of the transfer case and the temporary metal piece would dimple the body, making room for the harness on top of the transfer case. I myself went body lift.

I would imagine this technique would work for any of the skids that push the transfer case flush with the bottom of the frame. You would have to provide the part that dimples and make sure room for the harness is adequate.

·
1,818 Posts
I can't remember if I avoided any T-case shifter modification with a BL. All my shifter "stuff" is stock.

·
Premium Member
2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ on 35's and other stuff
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't remember if I avoided any T-case shifter modification with a BL. All my shifter "stuff" is stock.
Thx, I already have the Novak cable shifter installed.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
I looked around a lot when I did my TT on my LJ as I also didn’t want to do a body lift.
I eventually went with the Rokman TT although I did end up with a 1/2” body lift because I wanted a bolt on and theirs was the only one I could find that was ok with just 1/2”.
Check on their website as it gives instructions for installation without a body lift.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,123 Posts
The BL works well with a motor mount lift, to realign the rear driveshaft angle. I know LJs have a longer driveshaft, but once you start raising the the TC 2" and then add a 4" lift, even LJs will need a double CV drive shaft without a MML. Both my LJs had a 1" MML and BL before the engine swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts