Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the delay, I have been busy with work 80+ hours a week, trying to spend time with the kids, O and get this skid done. I picked up the first full prototype from the metal shop today, low and behold it was beautiful, however the skid was 1/2" taller than expected and the frame holes were 1/4" to short on each side. Easy fix on the holes, not on the hieght, So I continued to finish it just to see what it would look like, I had to redu the front section, the metal shop got the ds loop in the wrong spot. I raised the center section up 3/8" with the skid at 2 3/4" for resessed tranny mount, I am looking into a different setup for the center section using C channel, for strenght and resess. Still no major vibes with the 2" BB, 1"MM lift, 1" BL. However the T/C is alittle harder to shift into 4 Hi. Time for the new shifter bracket from skyjacker I'm thinkin.

Here are some pics, I know the radiuses suck, but thats what you get for free handing the plazma cutter.

Here is the wife in front of the Rubi, testing the strength of the skid out!

After doing the picture above, I need more LIFT :lol:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mud Puppy: I need to talk with the metal shop on thursday about the new changes, then I will talk about pricing. I 'll let you know this, packaged it weights about 90# in a crate, I am looking into cardboared.

Shipping cost $56 from mid-Michigan to chicago stantard ground, wich will very depending on were you live. I wil let everyone know.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Damn that is looking better everytime I see it............

Good Job Medic..

I sympatize with the 80 hour work weeks..........We just shut down our hospital from all general public due to this SARS deal...........No I won't sleep for weeks.........responsibility sucks some days.. :?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wow Man that look 10x better than the one I got, no offense. I haven't been able to talk with you since I recieved it, but woudl like to...so if you can PM me woudl be great. Also havig some issues with skid, thread posted in here and on JU rubi forum.

·
Registered
561 Posts
THANKX JERRY

Talked to Medic tonight and he helped me resolve a few concerns. He told me he had the same noise on his first ever attempt at high clearance. so that was a relief to know that my jeep was cool:D.

Anyway the problem has been figured out, and will be resolved in the morning:D Thanks again Jerry! other than this minor issue the skid is amazing looking and is VERY solid.

Anyone looking at a skid keep Jerry in mind because they are very nice, and the gen 2 design is looking even better!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I can't wait to get mine now.................... :D

Now I am really counting down the days to Paragon.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts