Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
11,262 Posts
I don't see any kind of cactus - that's a bit of a clue.....

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
734 Posts
"Out in the desert north of Reno"!

·
3,677 Posts
Moab UT, EJS?

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Elephant Butte?

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
svtotem is correct that part of the rock sequence ahead is Elephant Butte! The location is called???

Clue three

·
Administrator
11,262 Posts
There's an Elephant Butte in New Mexico but that doesn't look like NM!

·
3,677 Posts
Arches National Park?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Balanced rock, Delicate Arch.

Reactions: FLLJ

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
You got it, the pics are on Willow Springs 4x4 road going into Arches NP from highway 191 near the turn off to Canyonlands NP. On our days off from the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab tried out a couple ways to get into to Arches NP on Jeep roads. We first did a very nice trail, Klondike Bluffs, and then down Baby Steps trail into Salt Valley. Klondikes bluffs is a great scenic trail on slick rock with dinosaur tracks along the way and the Baby Steps down to Salt Valley was the toughest part, steep, washed out and full of big rock.

Even got in a rescue of a young couple from Missouri driving a Jeep Renegade into a section of ledges on Willow Springs trail. They tried but couldn't get up out of a wash. We gave them instructions, a hand held GRMS radio and spotted them out a few miles to easier ground. The driver, a nice gal, said, I thought I had a Jeep and could do it! We advised a wrangler next time;)

Baby Step Trail, North of Moab

1 - 12 of 12 Posts