Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How I don't know, but very cool. I am going to email them and see what they did or how they did it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
...and is that the Trail ready bumper?

Cool those are the AiRock guys. I was really considering that system (I can lower the jeep to stick into the garage and adjust center of gravity when needed).

I'm still undecided though. I don't know if I'm smart enough to constantly be adjusting the suspension as I drive over stuff. And wouldn't that kill the flex of a jeep (unless you pressured one side and depressured the other....again a lot of work)?

·
Registered
561 Posts
That thing is sweet, I would seriously consider that kit if I had a shitload of $ to blow. But it doesn't include a thing besides the shocks/bags and whats needs to make those work....to do it up right for those heights, you'd still need $2000 worth of susp parts.

But back to topic...did you ever find out the deal w/ the beadlock rims???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ned said:
yeah, I'd like to know about the bead locks too....
E-mail came back:

The Rubicon on the Customers Rigs section was actually put together by
TriCounty Gear in L.A. The OEM wheels we sent to OMF (I believe) and had the wheels customized to accept their aluminum locking rings. THey have worked great from what I heard, but in the last few weeks a bit of tire rubbing was experienced so they added 1 1/4" wheel spacers to the hubs, to get the tires fruther away from the frame when articulating.

That's what I know!

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
454 Posts
WTF would anyone send their rims away and spend an ungodly amount of money getting them converted to beadlocks when you could just spend that money on a set of steel beadlocks with the correct backspacing. Probably have enough money left over for beer too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
triver525 said:
WTF would anyone send their rims away and spend an ungodly amount of money getting them converted to beadlocks when you could just spend that money on a set of steel beadlocks with the correct backspacing. Probably have enough money left over for beer too.
To each their own...................but I agree with you that it would be pricey and not worth it to ME. :roll:

·
Registered
561 Posts
triver525 said:
For the same reason we all do things, because WE like it, and its different. I for one think its badass, sure he couls of gottenm beadlock rims that look like everyone elses, but instead he had his done and they look badass, and are CUSTOM:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts