Rubicon Owners Forum banner
461 - 470 of 470 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #461 · (Edited)
Heading to Currie next weekend. Spoke with ARB but there is no related issues with ARB lockers according to them other than some seal issues some of them had back in 2017/2018so it will be interesting to see what’s going on in the rear end when we get it apart.

Started installing the new bedrug carpet. I like the carpet overall but the side wheel well pieces are a bit loose. They may form better over time.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Bathroom Gas Plant

And here is the final location for the rear fenders. I do have to open/cut the corners and rockers up a bit more for them to fit properly.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Window Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Window Vehicle

I am painting the fenders to match. Jeep is going to the body shop for paint January 3rd, I have decided to go with a Ford color from my old F350, Tuxedo Black. It’s hands down the best looking black I have ever seen and has green, purple and silver flake in it. I still need a passenger’s side fender and I’m running out of time. I messed the original one up cutting it and need a replacement. If anyone has stock fenders from a Rubicon I am in desperate need of at least the passenger side front.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
Interior is slowly coming along. Hope to be finished getting everything in the back installed before I load her for the trip to So Cal on Sunday. I am installing aluminum tracks to hold down the six channel amplifier tight to the tub and so I don’t have to raise the rear seat very much. The tracks look really clean and I will be installing a PRP rear seat over the top for concealment and function so everything will have a nice factory appearance with exception to that cool Mosconi amp that mounts on the rear passenger inner fender. When I get back next week she is going to Nate so we can get the steering leak fixed for good and the belt all nice and perfect. No more leaks!!

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Vehicle door

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 · (Edited)
Closer. Can’t wait to install the rear seat to complete the back setup. Also want an original Mopar tie-down net for the back cargo area.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Car Automotive design

And here is the new sound. Dual Borla type-s for crate setup. I wanted the touring but the resonators add 10” so the one that would go on the driver’s side will not fit. I hope I’m happy with these and they are not too loud. Listening online is not ideal. Right now it sounds good but too loud and old truck like. I want a car sound and I don’t want the neighbors annoyed when I start the rig. I have the one unit in hand but Summit had to ship the second one so hopefully my appointment on Monday to have them installed holds.

Product Office equipment Rectangle Font Gas

If you want to hear the difference in Borla’s three options see the video below...

* fast forward to 4:29 to hear touring v. S-type v. Atak

and here is another video featuring their setups for the C6 Corvette...

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Closer. Can’t wait to install the rear seat to complete the back setup. Also want an original Mopar tie-down net for the back cargo area.

View attachment 76427

And here is the new sound. Dual Borla type-s for crate setup. I wanted the touring but the resonators add 10” so the one that would go on the driver’s side will not fit. I hope I’m happy with these and they are not too loud. Listening online is not ideal. Right now it sounds good but too loud and old truck like. I want a car sound and I don’t want the neighbors annoyed when I start the rig. I have the one unit in hand but Summit had to ship the so hopefully my appointment on Monday to have them installed holds.

View attachment 76428

If you want to hear the difference in Borla’s three options see the video below...

* fast forward to 4:29 to hear touring v. S-type v. Atak

and here is another video featuring their setups for the C6 Corvette...

FWIW, I had a Borla exhaust with JBA headers on my 2005 GTO. Only a little noisy when you really got on it.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
Forgot to mention that I put the rig in 4 wheel drive for the first time today. Everything works perfectly except in 4 low it wants to run through the six speed gears really fast so it defeats the first five gears purpose. idk on that?? Also need to get the 4x4 indicator light on the dash to work when engaged in 4wd.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
So on Monday I reported to Currie and Casey sent me over to the other shop and they took a look at the rear end. It looks like all that metal was just additional break-in from after I changed the oil around 500 miles or so. Everything was fine. ARB works and there is no damage upon inspection. They serviced the rear for me at no charge so in the end I am very relieved. On the way I did find out my new truck on 37’s gets 8.6 mpg hauling a trailer... :oops:

·
3,779 Posts
I'd call that great news....gas mileage might be better though ;)

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 ·
I'd call that great news....gas mileage might be better though ;)
yes I agree, great news on the rear end. Frustrated with the shop that sent me in the frenzy to begin with quoting me $4500 to rebuild the rear when I took it in for a axle seal leak, i mean seriously? Gonna need a tune on the truck for sure.

Reactions: johncanfield
461 - 470 of 470 Posts