Rubicon Owners Forum banner
441 - 460 of 480 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
to bad you can make your tail light swing out for the fuel filler.

Hoping there is enough angle on the hose to the tank that low, also the bend of the hose to the tank.

I need to finally figure out my final gas filler position, once I get back to the LJ project.

Did you see the GenRight setup? It looks nice but pretty pricey at $300.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
41 Posts
So I have been following this thread off and on for some time and I have to ask what you do for a living?

Based upon your posts over the years you have spent what appears to be about $42,000 in Driveline Parts and Labor over the past 6-7 years. That number doesn't include original vehicle price, audio / interior upgrades and so forth. You also bought a BMW, Firebird and 16-18 boats along the way... Please indulge us!!!

Reactions: bbusch

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
lol.

heyBig Willie.. I own a boat rental business and work a job. Lost my jobs during COVID and my business got shut down by tyrant Sisolak. I have worked hard over the years and not splurged in areas like traveling for pleasure to focus on building my Heeps so my son and I can go wheeling together in my later years. I have been building the black Jeep for nearly 19 years now so there is a lot of investment in that one and I have been building the other for over six years now. Boats pay for themselves in my world. Truck payments are monthly.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
I myself go into stores, steal less than $900 and sell it all on eBay. That’s turning out to be too hard of work, so I may go back to doing hits for the mob.

Man, I’d be a bummer if I had to let everyone down and share that I drive Uber part time in a Chrysler Pacifica minivan and kill it financially with that alone. I’m a hustler at heart and can’t be tamed.

;)

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
So here is the gas fill solution. Stealth.

Wood Tool Font Automotive exterior Guitar accessory

Hand Drinkware Fluid Liquid Automotive lighting

Drinkware Automotive lighting Fluid Silver Automotive tire

Cigar Finger Tobacco Material property Nail

Coolant leak is fixed and she is going in next week to have the axle seal leak fixed and the diff leaks sealed. Only thing left is to get the steering leak fixed and she will be leak free. Lots of projects are about to come together and then off to paint by late winter/early spring.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
the genright fill neck, are you going to leave it in the fender well, or behind a secret spot???
I’m going to mount it as tucked up in there as I can. I’ll report back in time to let you know if I like it, pretty simple so I’m sure I will so long as it doesn’t set evap codes.

I ordered new carpet/BedRug but have to cut it out to fit, it’s super light so I hope it’s durable. Dropping her off tomorrow to have the rear axle seal leak fixed and both differential covers serviced. The coolant leak is fixed, turned out to be a faulty temperature sensor but fixed now and sealed up, he said the tap doesn’t look all that clean but it works and holds pressure. Once I pick up the rig from the gear shop I’m hoping all I have left to address is the power steering leak then I can start cleaning filthy components up.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #452 ·
Also been working on the rear wiring... lights turned out great.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gadget Gesture Window

Sleeve Wrist Electrical wiring Audio equipment Cable

Corded phone Grey Wood Audio equipment Cable

Audio equipment Headgear Cable Gadget Personal protective equipment

Hand Bicycle glove Finger Automotive tire Bicycle part

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive design Lighting Vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
Well turns out the rear end is shot. Currie or Currie associated installers messed the install up on the Dino and didn’t install the gears correctly. Everyone’s scrambling... wonder who’s gonna replace the ARB, seals, gears and the shafts? Well I’m talking to Casey Currie myself and while he comes off very nice I’m bout to have to get real. fml man.

·
3,796 Posts
So the locker, gears and bearings are all damaged?

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,642 Posts
Holy Cow.
it's been a couple of days, what was the outcome of your conversation with Currie?

·
Registered
2005 Rubicon,4" Currie Lift and Steering, 1" BL, Savvy Rear Bumper, Savvy Engine Skid, GenRight Alum
204 Posts
And more parts...

View attachment 75834

The new coolant reservoir. I will be converting the old plastic coolant reservoir to a windshield wiper fluid reservoir and mounting the equipment on that container.. the stock reservoir is very bulky and space consuming and I have absolutely zero room for the original reservoir to fit.

View attachment 75835

View attachment 75836

New location for the gas filler nozzle. Only place it can go, I think it will look pretty good paired next to a Lightdot.

View attachment 75837

And the new look will be more Knight Rider smoked! Maybe I should name her B.I.T.T. For Busch Industries Two Thousand...

View attachment 75838

View attachment 75839
Where did you get the gas door from it looks sexy

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #457 ·
So the locker, gears and bearings are all damaged?
Not sure the extent yet. I think the gear shop went a bit overboard so they could quote all new parts. If I’m lucky all I will need is a new locker, seals and other install parts. Likely I’ll need new axle shafts as well. I think ring and pinion may be fine.

Holy Cow.
it's been a couple of days, what was the outcome of your conversation with Currie?
I’m taking the rig to Currie and watching the work get done.

They said if they put bars down the axle tubes and they are not bent they will cover most, if not all, of the repair. If they are bent I pay. Sure hope All J didn’t bend the tubes when they welded the GenRight tabs and truss on. Everything looks straight to me but who knows at this point.

Where did you get the gas door from it looks sexy
Quadratec has them. I really like it on the LJ. The door is nice and functions well.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,642 Posts
Gotta a direct link to the door?

Good Luck with Currie. It's a little scary if the failure occured at their end, because we buy Currie to get stronger parts than the competition

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #459 ·
Gotta a direct link to the door?

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Good Luck with Currie. It's a little scary if the failure occured at their end, because we buy Currie to get stronger parts than the competition

Currie is stating the failure is due to either a defective ARB or the axle tubes are not straight for some reason. I’m going to stand there while they look this one over. I’m having a hard time believing the ARB failed but it is possible. Based on the photos Currie thinks the gears are fine but axles will likely need to be replaced along with the locker. idk, just tired of **** like this happening.

• Sad

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #460 ·
quick update...

I spoke with Heather at All J and she eased my concerns a bit about the axles shafts being bent. She also let me know that ARB did in fact have some bad batches years ago and it was nearly a recall she stated. Now she is kinda confirming what Casey said as a possibility that the ARB failed in some way. I can’t engage it because I don’t have any air on it but I’m wondering what would happen if you could and tried to engage it? We will try before we pull it. I’m super curious to know what happened.

I’m going to contact ARB and continue my investigation.. in the mean time we need to confirm if the ARB was indeed in the bad batch by the serial number. Going to check the front ARB too.

441 - 460 of 480 Posts