Rubicon Owners Forum banner

bbusch’s LS3 TJR build.. next project => paint and restoration

103K views 588 replies 64 participants last post by  BobsLJ 
#1 ·
So got some new stuff going on the heep over the next few weeks so thought I would start a thread showing off the progress.

Just picked her up yesterday in Sac and had some non visible items installed including a banks stainless header, centerforce clutch and lots of maintenance. I ordered a Rock Hard cage today and last week ordered a set of billet hood hinges from Prestige (not yet arrived).

few pics taken yesterday

Speaker pod pics with the top down... they sound as good as they look!

New gauge cluster mounted on the center console

That's the Rubicon in the background just above the hood cowl

Also about to start the garage floor painting and paint the walls for the Jeep Cave!

I will post pics as I install the cage and other parts. :evilbat:

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Upgraded Summer Pics of the heep

Just decided to sell off all the tires and wheels I have and go with a set of 37 12.5 17 Goodyear Kevlar MTR tires and 17x8 OMF Beadlock wheels. If anyone is interested in the wheels/tires above or my set of Maxxis Creepy Crawlers check out my thread over in the Flea Market. The evil always sets in in the summer.... :evilbat:

*edited... cancelled tire order and stayed with the Creepy Crawlers.

#4 ·

rollin n mud said:
looks good.

what did you buy/use to make the speaker pods look like that?
Had them built by an audio shop. He used the original pods and built the molding around them and then the fiberglass... paid to have this done as it's not in my skills set (at least if I want them to look good when I'm done).

#5 ·

So I'm in all the way, just ordered the 37's and I'll be ordering the wheels shortly. Need some buyers on the above wheels and tires!

Fun Fun Fun... till the debit card no longer works! :rotflmao:

edited...

Just ordered a set of OMF 17x9 Recessed bolt beadlocks on AE 186 wheel. 8)

#6 ·

Parts are starting to trickle in...

Rock Hard Cage

Hood Hinges

The Warn 8274-50 winch should be here by friday. :evilbat:

#7 ·

Five of these arrived this morning...

The other four are being mounted and balanced as I type.

Rock Hard cage went out this morning to be painted and the 8274 should be here tomorrow along with the plate.

#8 ·

And they are mounted with the Creepy Crawlers...

*more pics edited in...

#10 ·

can ya post some pics of those fog lights in action at night?
they are a little to massive for my liking, but would love to see how bright they are.
are they the HID??

#11 ·

emarlowe39 said:
can ya post some pics of those fog lights in action at night?
they are a little to massive for my liking, but would love to see how bright they are.
are they the HID??

I will see if I can dig one up, the spot beam has a range of about 1100 feet and they also have a driving beam. I am running HID in the stock location these are not HID however. Currently rewiring the Warn SDB lights so if I can find an old pic of them on I will post, however they are currently down.

FYI... these are the SDB 210's, Warn makes and SDB 160 that are not as large in size but look the same as what's pictured above. Performance is nearly the same as the larger units I have.

#13 ·

And the hood hinges installed tonight.

#14 ·

TKCattle said:
Like the new OMFs with the black rock domes.

Thanks... picked them up used from OMF, got lucky I guess. :pBR:

#18 ·

gregert12 said:
Looks great! What brand is your front bumper?

Thanks... I custom built it, that bumper and the rear hold the air supply for my OBA setup.

On another note... had to pick this back up from the paint shop today because he was not too interested in pulling the center plate out for me so...

Still have to grind it out. That center plate makes no since to me... maybe as an extra and on top of the bars but not a standard piece on the bottom side of the rack??? :bangtard:

#19 ·
Re: Upgraded... Summer Pics of the heep

So this is the before pic of the last set of OMF beadlocks I had... they were 5 on 4.5 with black Scalloped rings

And another pic of the new wheels... I like these rings better.

Since then I have added bling and the hubs but she still has a stock look and that's the look I'm going for.

#20 ·

nice job!how are the creepys on the street im sure great on the trail just wondered about road manners?im hoping soon i will be running 40s and they are on my list of possible tires.also how about the header worth the coin?whats the biggest noticable difference?thanks and again jeep looks great!

#21 ·

TAZER15 said:
nice job!how are the creepys on the street im sure great on the trail just wondered about road manners?im hoping soon i will be running 40s and they are on my list of possible tires.also how about the header worth the coin?whats the biggest noticable difference?thanks and again jeep looks great!
Thanks for the compliments. The Creepys actually do well on a beadlock I was just running about 72 mph earlier heading over to Truckee to take that last piece of my roll cage and she drove great. I don't recommend them as a daily driver tire as they won't last long but as long as I keep her in the Tahoe Basin I will run the tires. 40's would be sick! As far as the header goes it was a necessity due to the stock manifold had big holes in it. I have been running the exhaust for years and have been very happy with the performance and sound (not too loud on the highway).

So UPS finally showed up around 8pm this evening and dropped this lovely unit off...

And the winch plate

#22 ·

Well eager to get the plate on and winch mounted I went ahead and got started...

So about the time I got to this point...

This happened damnit! :-x

And I was being careful... the damn unit doesn't fit in with the grill,... it's too tight Warn! :bs:

Old Warn unit (on a Mile Marker winch plate, offers much more room than the equiv. Warn plate)

And I got it installed after nearly getting sick.

Can't wait for the Rx to open tomorrow! :D

#23 ·

Ok so I took a poser on the way down to Reno today...

#25 ·

gregert12 said:
I love the winch setup. How wide did you make the bumper? Is it 48"s?

Well it measures right at 50" so I think I measured out the main piece to 48 and then welded on the end pieces to make the number off. I like the length of both the front and rear bumbers and made them very stout... Rokmen stout (if not stouter because I added more points to bolt to the frame)!

Air line hose and mounting point for the bumper

And the rear bumper, measures 59 1/2"

I have always wanted an 8274 and with the $200 rebate they have going on right now I had to make it happen.

#26 ·

Workin for FOTR this weekend at the sign up and also will be the photographer for the progress. Anyway lots of work to do tonight getting the rig ready before I leave out early in the am, got the cage back painted and ready to install.

I'll try and post more pics up tonight before I hit the bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.