Rubicon Owners Forum banner
481 - 500 of 510 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
Well I had to pull the Jeep out of paint. It’s not ready. Also have to replace the t-casein the LJ so paint is going to have to get put on the back burner until later this year or next. I am working projects and I’m about to reinstall the 8274 but not without an upgrade first...

Automotive tire Finger Cable Gadget Audio equipment

Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Wheel

I am also struggling with a color. I have my eye on a very deep red that is almost black. It works with my interior and black parts with billet bling so I may just do it. I’d really like to go ahead and take her apart so I can clean, prep and paint everything.

Now that our Jeeps are becoming 20+ years vintage it’s making me want to restore these rigs to original condition, not just mine but all TJ/LJ’s. If I could I would do this full time, I love these rigs man.. even an ordinary TJ driving down the road has my neck in rubber mode.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have mine set up with SB connectors as well,
I also put them in line on my jumper cables so I can use them without opening the hood.😎
On my 2 battery Chevy duramax I wired up an SB for each battery to the front where there is an opening in the bumper...fabricated a plastic housing with 4 cables, 2 to each SB and put a battery tender on the housing so I can keep both batteries happy.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
Still tinkering...

Wood Bicycle handlebar Asphalt Electrical wiring Cable

I loomed the winch side cables already in same fashion. Turned out real nice. Hopefully I remember to snag some under hood shots tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
I used the same connectors to wire up the winch on my CJ-8 (have another set for the TJ). I did it so that I could disconnect the winch when not on the trail as a safety measure.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
Well the Novak Emulator came in today for the tach and I also have a transmission can bus on the way so the tap features work and reverse lamps Come on. Right now the Jeep wants to shift normally in 4 lo so I’ll have to tune a new range for each gear so it doesn’t shift up so quickly. also have manual tap. should be able to tune a tow/haul button and program it to a tune of choice as well. Hopefully I don’t have a wire nest when I get these do-dads installed.

also installed a few different subs that I build enclosures for that fit behind the rear seat. The Pioneer is in the LS TJ right now in a birch enclosure I built and the Focal sub is in my LJ temporarily until I get my rear seat installed in the TJ. The Focal is mounted in a birch enclosure with a black acrylic front. Pretty happy with how both enclosures turned out. Goal is for the Focal sub to find its way in the TJ.

Wood Audio equipment Loudspeaker Gas Sound box

Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive design Gas Tints and shades

Kitchen appliance Rectangle Table Eyewear Gas

Have more goodies on the way I’m about to install stay tuned

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
100% pure badass…

Watch Wood Clock Analog watch Rectangle

Wood Flooring Hardwood Audio equipment Circle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Light Hood

rear seat is going back in soon. Having it reupholstered in soft black vinyl and the spacer blocks for seat to clear the amplifier are getting cut Monday. Once everything is done I can put that Focal sub in there, right now without the seat it will fall over top heavy. The enclosure sits nice on its back in the LJ for now. All this equipment and it hardly takes up any room unless I add a second sub like that Focal. It’s fully functionAl stereo even when wheeling with minimal loss to interior room. :)

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
and the tweeter pods…

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Window Automotive design

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·
It’s really not all that loud, more about sound quality than loudness. It makes a difference if you have good components vs not good components on the fatigue of your ears/hearing over time and in each listening session. For me I like the stereo components and piecing the system together for a quality end result that is presented well and acoustics are close to accurate representation.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,541 Posts
Nice, have you considered waxing the inside of the frame to prevent to prevent rust? I would highly recommend Daubert Chemical Company X121B.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 ·
Nice, have you considered waxing the inside of the frame to prevent to prevent rust? I would highly recommend Daubert Chemical Company X121B.

Thank you for the reference. I will look into it. I did watch some videos of them dipping older cars in chemicals so they could be painted, problem is finding someone who will help you through the process.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #495 · (Edited)
seat is in. Turned out pretty nice but had to relocate the amp just a hair. The acrylic mount is offset so all I had to do was flip it for a perfect fit.

Vehicle Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

Automotive design Automotive exterior Grey Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Rectangle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #496 · (Edited)
Well it looks like the Jeep is going into paint September 5th and I should have her back by Christmas, in the mean time I have plenty of stuff to do to get her dialed in. Tack emulator and can bus for the transmission are next on the agenda as well as some maintenance to the motor, looks like the oil pan is leaking again. Still working on being leak free. Going to get that steering leak fixed then off to Nate’s Precision end of month to get the a/c going hopefully.

Automotive tire Tread Auto part Automotive wheel system Rim

out to see the sun for the first time in a long time. Had her ceramic coated last summer and haven’t driven the car since. Tires are rotten so I need to get those replaced along with the wheels updated for bigger brake kit.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

tach emulator going next to the Jeep computer

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive battery Car Automotive exterior

I updated the rear amp rack

Netbook Gesture Rectangle Wood Material property

sounds so good

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

I also want to mention that GenRight recently went above and beyond and replaced my gas cap i lost while fueling up. They actually opened a kit and sold me the part for like twenty five bucks. Andrew helped me out and he did great getting the part shipped out quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Well the oil pan was not the leak. Fearing the worst.. rear main. Real kick in the nuts.

I did just install these this evening, the Warn lights have rotten wiring so I decided to just get a new set with all new wiring and hardware. They are the 4 Banger by Morimoto.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

picked up my newly wrapped seat as well…

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Tints and shades Auto part

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Really happy with how the rear seat turned out. Still need to clean it up but overall the vinyl matches the leather fairly well.

481 - 500 of 510 Posts