Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Okay, just got the daystar BB 2" lift. No instructions, just four rubber looking things in a box. I can screw around with them and figure out how to put them in, but why do that when I can just ask you guys?

I assume I have to unhook the shocks, sway bars and jack the frame up so the suspension hangs free. So far, so good. Then what do I do? Do the spacers go on the top of the springs? There is a flat side to the spacers, does it go inward so it is not seen?

Thanks for the help and I'll post before and after pics.

Chris

·
Registered
326 Posts
Next pull the rubber bump-stops out of the inverted cup they sit in, then undo the bolt inside the cup.
If you have any spring retainer clips on the bottom spring pad remove them, and you should be able to pop the spring out.
Lube the new spacers with some dish soap and slide them onto the spring towers, then put the springs back in * don't forget to stick the bump-stop and cup inside the spring before you push it into place *.
If you need more room to get the spring in jack up a bit on the other side of the axle you are working on. This will twist your side down and make it easier to get the spring onto the pad.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mud Puppy,

So, the way you describe it, the spacers go on the bottom (or under the coil spring). I haven't climbed under there and looked yet. I do plan to increase the bumpstops so I don't damage the springs when flexing.

Thanks for the dishsoap tip, that should help.

Chris

·
Registered
556 Posts
Spacer go on top of the springs. If you are not increasing your tire size new bumpstops will not be needed. If you are going larger on the tires use a new bumpstop or a spacer there too. TO speed up the job if you are doing it alone go to your local autoparts store and rent external spring compressors. it will make the fit a lot easier and most of the rentals are free. I also reccommend new shocks as when I did my BB I had the shocks bottoming out and giving me a really rough ride. If you have any opther questions just shoot. Dont forget to check your allignment and make sure you put the factory springs in the same way in front and in back. My rear drivers sits about a half inch off from the passengers and I think it is because it is upside down from the other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts