Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to do a budget boost and a friend told me it would be advisable to get bar pin eliminators.. What you guys think? And what brand? thanx Chaz

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
For a budget boost I would suggest not to. Bar pin eliminators will only reduce the length of the shock that you can get. Now that I say that I have looked at the JKS ones and they say that is only makes less than half an inch difference. Here is the link and they look solid.

http://www.jksmfg.com/bar_pin_eliminators.htm

G

·
0 Posts
I did a 2" coil spacer Budget Boost.... There is absolutely no need for bar pin eliminators. Lift away I say....

Actually this lift is fairly easy, I do recomend changing your shocks though if you plan on removing your sway bar. The stock shocks have got to reduce wheel travel on there. DT's and Rancho 5000's are failrly cheap, and the benefit is significant.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
WrathOfRubicon said:
...I do recomend changing your shocks though if you plan on removing your sway bar. The stock shocks have got to reduce wheel travel on there...
I agree with Wrath about changing shocks, and if you are only putting on a BB, I agree with Sean.

But when you do go to a higher lift (and you will, you know) get the JKS BPEs. Air Rubi has them on its Bilstein 5100 shocks. Like all JKS products, they are extremely well made.

Jerry

·
Registered
135 Posts
I installed the JKS BPE's after hearing a horror story of a upper rear shock mount coming loose and unloading the whole rear coil while on the street. Once you see the bar-pins (especially ones that come with after-market shocks) you'll see how this could happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts