Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy with my rig the way it is here in FLA. but I am planning on traveling out west Moab , Monument Canyon.ETC.. and will be pulling a 5 wide [email protected] approx. 12000 lbs. I am concern about pulling up the mountain grades and that has me thinking about a Banks Turbo kit. I am reading currently through ROF old post from back when Banks came out with the kit but I am just up to the 100th page or so.
Love to here how it would work on my 2003 Rubi 5 speed 33's and 4.10's. I guess I should have just posted that..........YAR!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Free Advice for a Newb with 5 posts. If you want help, don't be thin skinned, insult a whole occupation, or be a smart ass when replying. Be safe and enjoy your trip.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please look at the entire post before you judge who is being the smart ass. It all started because of an extra -0-. I understood the first two lighthearted comments but Plummer1 with his sarcastic emoji was not called for. Back off. KMG

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey buddy, I have the banks kit. It's worked flawlessly for a few years. Gale Banks is well known for his engineering and has partnerships with OE manufacturers for a reason. They trust him as well. I haven't intercooled yet but I will be. Too many projects on the go.

The only issue I have had is I nosed into a ditch on Sunday and I think I bent the wastegate actuator rod so that was operator related not design related.

We are a kind and helpful group here. If you're put off by someone's comment give them a second chance before setting them straight please.

If you have any specific questions about the banks kit ask away. I'll help you in any way I can.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so much for the info WOOD and BobsLJ . I was wondering if there was a problem with the ECU software from Banks for the 2003 and 2004 tj Rubicon......

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Sure glad this thread turned back to the nice side.
There have been several times that I wished I had Banks' mine instead of the VORTEC. But there have been many more times just laugh at that thought.

In the market for another LJ for the wife and I might go Banks for that one. Interested to hear from all those owners on how theirs are doing.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Thanks so much for the info WOOD and BobsLJ . I was wondering if there was a problem with the ECU software from Banks for the 2003 and 2004 tj Rubicon......
I had a 2004 and looked into the banks turbo, I contacted them, gave them a serial number from the ECU and they told me there would be no issues. I suggest you contact their tech service.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts