21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Ive seen that before. Def scary!!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I never particularly liked side hill, but after 2 trips to Moab I have become a bit more comfortable with it. That part of 7 Mile Rim Trail is somewhat Northwest of when you go between the Monitor and Merrimac buttes. It now gets my attention, but I am fairly comfortable at that angle. It always helps to have a rig in front of you, if he makes it you probably will too!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Off camber is not so big deal for some but a big deal for others.

Case in point, in Moab on the Monitor and Merrimac loop trail north of Moab their is a long stretch of off camber trail on slick rock. This freaked out my wife, I was concerned but soon could feel that I had good traction and the tilt was not going to roll me over. Non the less looking down slope a 1/4 mile with nothing to stop a role she had a death grip on the TJ's passenger hand bar.

After we made it through other Jeepers also said the off camber brought sweet to bead on their brows! Yea we are not hard core Moab trail runners mostly Jeep overlanders.

Anyway all was good and that bit of stress has made this Moab trail a good campfire story telling reminiscence of a great run.

Line up at the Merimack butte

0:02 / 10:03

Moab!!! Monitor and Merrimac Loop

21 - 25 of 25 Posts