Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been hearing a noise while driving, never could pin point it till this morning on my way to the dealer for the hard top. I could hear a noise that varied with speed. Kinda hard to explain but it was almost like a U-joint cap was dry in a certain spot and as it rolled past that spot it would make a noise. I told the service guy about it and just got a call back that it's either the front Drive shaft, they think it's the double cardian, or the T-case. They said they are gonna borrow the shaft from another rubi they have on the lot and change it before they order the part to make sure it's not the T-case.

I want my Rubi Back :cry:

James

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had my front shaft replaced a few months ago for the same reason. Wish I could have got the old shaft though!

·
Registered
478 Posts
The biggest mistake that DC made was when they went none greaseable.
I know everybody here is a grease advocate, I can't wait til there are good quality greasable joints avaliable for our jeeps.

G

·
0 Posts
First something about me, I am from Germany so excuse my english.
I bought my Rubicon 5 month ago and since 2 month I have this noise between 45 - 50 mph on the driveshaft, transfer case or transmission.
Yesterday I picked my Rubicon up from the third trial to fix it , but nothing.
Now I have an appointment with a guy from DC.
I will see what happens.

I want my Rubi fixed

Andree

·
Registered
628 Posts
Welcome to the board ! Might want to have them check the DS.

Adam

G

·
0 Posts
greasing

invest in a grease needle, if you look at the shaft youll understand why they make noise, its the rubber "seal" in the cv as for the rear main,the dust shield was moist with oil when i did my first oil change,cleaned it up still hasnt come back in 6k miles, wierd

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it took them two days to grease a dead gum Drive shaft :mad: :mad: Now I got greasy hand prints all over my Jeep

I just hope they send me a feedback form :evil:

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
For about $125 you can have your front driveshaft rebuilt so that you can grease it. Lots cheaper than buying a new one, wouldn't hurt to see if DC would pay for this mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts