Can't find it!

Where can I pick up some 75w 140 synthetic oil, I want Mobile 1 or Valvoline

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Re: Can't find it!

bbusch said:
Where can I pick up some 75w 140 synthetic oil, I want Mobile 1 or Valvoline
Check any of the automotive stores in your area.. I would suggest checking a few for price comparison as this is not a cheap fluid.

cheers

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Yeah like I posted over on Jeep Forum I can't find it at my local Autozone, Napa nor OReilly's. :mad: The only one that could even order it was OReilly's and it was a brand I have never heard of. The dealership (I heard) wants over $20 per liter and I need four of them, 20x4=$80 hell no! Anyway I may order it from OReilly's but I will do my homework on the brand first.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
bbusch said:
Yeah like I posted over on Jeep Forum I can't find it at my local Autozone, Napa nor OReilly's. :mad: The only one that could even order it was OReilly's and it was a brand I have never heard of. The dealership (I heard) wants over $20 per liter and I need four of them, 20x4=$80 hell no! Anyway I may order it from OReilly's but I will do my homework on the brand first.
What is the brand that you can order?

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I don't think Valvoline makes it in that weight either. So what about some 85w 140 any differences, and can I use it in my rubicon. I think valvoline makes this weight. I will go down to OReilly's right now and find out the brand they carry in that weight and let yall know. Later for now!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
bbusch said:
I don't think Valvoline makes it in that weight either. So what about some 85w 140 any differences, and can I use it in my rubicon. I think valvoline makes this weight. I will go down to OReilly's right now and find out the brand they carry in that weight and let yall know. Later for now!
I don't know if that is a good idea. With the LSD you may not want to change it to much. This is my first LSD so I hope there is someone out there that has this answer...

I might have to get into the export business for gear oil. 75W is avaliable up here. :p 8)

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Stay Lube?

Well I went down to O'Reilly's and they can order some 75w-140 synthetic STAY LUBE. Anyone ever heard of this brand? The part number is 2496. I might use it but am going to keep looking for now. I really want to change my gear oil THIS WEEK because I already have 8400 miles and all that fresh metal is still in the diff. If anyone can get me oil from a brand I have heard of let me know, Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You may want to try AMSOIL. I believe they have a pretty good reputation if I recall correctly. I just checked their website and they carry 75W-140 and its only about $12/Quart, which is a lot better than Mopar's $20+/Quart, especially if you plan on changing it regularly. AMSOIL calls it Series 2000 SAE 75W-140 Synthetic Gear Lube. You can order it online from their website also.

Hope that helps :D

G

·
0 Posts
I just bought some redline 80w140 synthetic from my local dealer.
I think it was 7.95 per quart.

Should work just fine.

I also bought some redline ATF C+ for the transfer case while I was there.

I run penzoil synchromesh in the tranny and mobil 1 in the engine.

If you go to redlineoil.com you can call them up and they will tell you the locations for your local dealers or you can mail order from them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I joined AMSOIL's preferred customer program ($10 for 6 months) and bought the 75W-140 synthetics for $9.35 a quart.

This is much better than paying $25 per quart for the Mopar stuff.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
ok..now im confused which is the right weight..

manual says
75W-90 synthetic

tags on diffs say..

75/140

or some Jeep`rs say..
80/140

i need to re-do my diff`s front n back due to leak, they drip drip drip
put on some Younger Bros diff guards..(HIGHLY RECOMMEND)
so which is the right fulid????

thanks
mac

·
Registered
35 Posts
personally i stuck to what the tag on the diffs say and how it came from the factory...75w140 synthetic...most have the LSD additive already in it (just check the label to make sure) only kind i could find locally was Pennzoil 75w140 synthetic with LSD added already at Napa ($19.95CAN per 946ml bottle X 4 = not cheap!!!) went this route because if a problem arises with my axles, i can prove i went with same fluid that DC uses...

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
RubiconChEcK said:
personally i stuck to what the tag on the diffs say and how it came from the factory...75w140 synthetic...most have the LSD additive already in it (just check the label to make sure) only kind i could find locally was Pennzoil 75w140 synthetic with LSD added already at Napa ($19.95CAN per 946ml bottle X 4 = not cheap!!!) went this route because if a problem arises with my axles, i can prove i went with same fluid that DC uses...
i just came from the local dealer..
FM is 6.50/4oz bottle.
Mopar 75/140 they list 19.20 / qt ... buying 4 disc was 17.28 /qt
2 tubes of RT Sealer (not cheap)
total bill was 95.55 for doing both diff`s.
decided to use the Mopar as no doubt they cant come back and
say..i used the wrong stuff.
:wink:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
4x4mac said:
ok..now im confused which is the right weight..

manual says
75W-90 synthetic

tags on diffs say..

75/140

or some Jeep`rs say..
80/140

i need to re-do my diff`s front n back due to leak, they drip drip drip
put on some Younger Bros diff guards..(HIGHLY RECOMMEND)
so which is the right fulid????

thanks
mac
I just ended up going to Jeep and buying their stuff. No extras, just pumped the stuff right in.

It was concerning to see all the *crap* on the magnetic plugs. It is nice knowing the little magnet are there though! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts