Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard any adverse reasons not to put on a aux. trans cooler on an '03 with an auto trans? I see in the tech manual that there are now DTC's for dirty/wornout fluid and there are different shifting programs that are dependent on the oil temperature.The cooler I used on my '01 TJ was the B+M stacked plate cooler and it was bolted on to the diagonal supports in front of the radiator.It measures 4 1/2 X 11 X 3/4.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hey Mitch,
I'm just down the road from ya....I'm off Twin Oaks on the 78. Anyway, let me know if ya wanna see my cooler set up.

As I understand there are only positive benefits to having a tranny cooler in SoCal (you might have problems in a colder area).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ned

heck yes,I am always interested to see some one elses ideas or solutions.Are you running the stacked plate cooler or a tube cooler?The stacked plate cooler I have always liked because it has mounting tabs that you can use to bolt it on with

G

·
0 Posts
imho

after building chrysler trannys for 10 yrs ive found that you cant get the fluid cool enough!(at least in normal climates)extremely cold area in northern us and canada arent included,the only thing i can stress is to use atf4 from chrysler,its actually synthetic with all the additives in it, no need to tinker with add ons :idea:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts