Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the Rubicon Express 2" BB does not come with any bumpstop extenders. Do you not need them with this lift? Yet I see a Daystar 1.75" spacer lift with bumpstop extenders. What gives? I would like to buy a spacer lift, but I would like to go as cheap as possible, except for the JKS quick disconnects which are almost mandatory for offroad. Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Travis

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Are extended bumpstops needed on a 1.75-2" coil spa

RubiTJ said:
I noticed that the Rubicon Express 2" BB does not come with any bumpstop extenders. Do you not need them with this lift? Yet I see a Daystar 1.75" spacer lift with bumpstop extenders. What gives? I would like to buy a spacer lift, but I would like to go as cheap as possible, except for the JKS quick disconnects which are almost mandatory for offroad. Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Travis
Check your vendor, I am pretty sure they come with rear extentions.. but not fronts...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Re: Are extended bumpstops needed on a 1.75-2" coil spa

RubiTJ said:

Thanks,
Travis
For 2" BB you do not need to extend your bumpstops. You will not compress enough to damage shocks or what not.

Sean

·
Registered
326 Posts
most spacers come with rear extensions just because it's a bugger to get the rear spacers in without them.

Whether you need the extensions depends on the tire size you are using. For every inch above 31s add 1/2" bump-stop extension (unless you have a body lift).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks for the replies guys. I also misread the BB from RE. It does state that rear bumpstop extensions come with the kit. I think I will order this kit in the near future, but upgrade the shocks to Old Man Emu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts