Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
II just got a ARB Bull bar for my and I am having trouble with wiring the front signal lights...I hooked the up to my side flashers and now i see both of my inside flasher indicator signals come on dimmed inside the jeep....any idea what I did wrong?Also i signal left and the arb light and my turn signals alternate flashing...and ie not at the same time. Can anyone help???

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AHHH

mlshelton said:
You have to hook up the aux lights to the front marker lights. That will fix your problem.

Hey there is 3 wires to the front marker lights...and one each side they are different....the right has a black with a line, a solid black and a brown...the left has a solid black, a white and a black with a line....I have tried multiple connections and am still getting the feedback...any ideas?
thanks pete

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have noooooooooooo idea...but I'm interested in the answer cuz I'm gonna be hooking up my ARB sooner or later.

My idea would be to go to JU and post in the wrangler (non-rubi) section. You might get a faster reply (if ya do and you get an answer, could you come back here to post?) :D

G

·
0 Posts
Pete - I copied the front wiring diagram out of the FSM and emailed it to you. At least you will know which way the wires are going. It looked like the Blacks go to the front fog lights, Black/Yellow are return, and power is Tan for right front, gray for left front.

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

PBR Stitch said:
Pete - I copied the front wiring diagram out of the FSM and emailed it to you. At least you will know which way the wires are going. It looked like the Blacks go to the front fog lights, Black/Yellow are return, and power is Tan for right front, gray for left front.

Ron
Thanks ron....I will check it out and let ya know what happens...on a side note ...i called ARB and they were very helpfull as well...between you and what they told me I should be able to fix this crazyness!!
Pete

G

·
0 Posts
Glad to help. I knew there was a reason why I put a copy of the FSM on my work computer. Opps did I say that out loud.

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THE FINAL WORD ON THE ARB LIGHTS

PBR Stitch said:
Glad to help. I knew there was a reason why I put a copy of the FSM on my work computer. Opps did I say that out loud.

Ron
Ok, everyone print this out or memorize it so you wont go through as much pain as I did with the wiring...here is the deal. In the course of tring to figure out how to hook these lights up I also figured out evey combination of how you could hook them up so here are your options

Option 1: Marker lights w/signal: Hook the light wires up as follows...1 to the black wire w/ the line and one to the grey or brown wire. This will cause the lights to come on when you turn the headlights on and blink in sync with the left fender flare turn signal..drawback..you get an anoying feedback to your signal indicaters inside of your vehicle..live with it if u like this option.

Option 2: Signal lights/no marker lights: Hook the light wires up as follows: one wire to the solid black wire, one to the grey or brown wire. This will cause the lights to flash in sync with the fender turn signals. It will also eliminate the anoying feedback inside of the vehicle to your signal indicators. Only draw back is that you will not get the marker light effect of the lights being on all the time.

Option 3. No signal lights...FULL TIME MARKER LIGHTS..: Hook up the light wires as follwos..one wire to the black black with the line and one to the solid black wire. No signal lights, full tme marker illumination, anoying feedback still occors

Ok there it is....hope it can help sombody.
Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts