Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says.

Anyone install a 'real' oil pressure gauge, instead of that over/under 6psi POS?

And... why did they (DC) do that? I'm not too worried about it now, but in 4-6 years, I might like to know what it's really doing pressure wise.

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ahhh,

"To go, where no man has gone before."

Yeah, I'll take pictures.

Chris

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
It would be even better if the stock one could be convinced to work as a real gauge. As far as I gathered it is purely a change in the computer firmware that controls the dashboard. I think the change came with 03, supposedly too many people were irritated by the needle moving down in LA stop & go traffic.

Does anybody happen to know if the gauge has been changed for all markets ? It may be possible to change it with some simple parameter.

C>

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
csuder99,

Only the DC engineers know for sure. I would guess that it's not just a simple change. I would think it's low level, thus $$$.

Detroit in general, is happy with idiot lights, which is what we have..... without the lights of course (the gauge).

My Jeep was built for export market and everything is exactly the same as the U.S. model (except for Km vs miles per hour).

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts