Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2017 JKU rubicon recon edition with mopar 2” lift kit. I currently looking to upgrade tires and wanted to see if anyone here has fit 37’s with this lift kit?
Also if anyone has info on getting 1-2” more lift with this mopar 2” lift kit without buying a whole new kit? Is it possible? Anyone with this setup please let kno
Thanks

·
1,600 Posts
What tires are you running now?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Several years ago Mopar made a 3" lift that I ran 37s on, even with the fenders cut I rubbed when stuffed. So if money permits then a new lift would be the best choice. If you're on a tight budget then try a 1" spacer, add flat fenders and add control arm brackets to get more caster. (I like the Rancho ones)

Keep in mind the lift is the least of your worries when jumping to 37s. You'll have to run really low backspace (spacers or new wheels) and your scrub radius will be bad. You'll also need to plan and budget to replace the parts that will wear out and break. For me it was the rear axle shaft first (bent flange) then ball joints, unit bearings, drag link and tie rod. So make sure you have a budget to replace those with beefier parts when they wear out.

Also a good idea to strengthen the front axle with some gussets. Adding truss or sleeves is a good idea too.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Several years ago Mopar made a 3" lift that I ran 37s on, even with the fenders cut I rubbed when stuffed. So if money permits then a new lift would be the best choice. If you're on a tight budget then try a 1" spacer, add flat fenders and add control arm brackets to get more caster. (I like the Rancho ones)

Keep in mind the lift is the least of your worries when jumping to 37s. You'll have to run really low backspace (spacers or new wheels) and your scrub radius will be bad. You'll also need to plan and budget to replace the parts that will wear out and break. For me it was the rear axle shaft first (bent flange) then ball joints, unit bearings, drag link and tie rod. So make sure you have a budget to replace those with beefier parts when they wear out.

Also a good idea to strengthen the front axle with some gussets. Adding truss or sleeves is a good idea too.

Good luck!!
[/QUOTE

thank u

1 - 5 of 5 Posts