Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four wheel drive hardware just emailed me stating the 2003 TJ bikini top is on national backorder til 2004. Has anyone found another brand other then bestop?
TIA
Brian

·
Registered
561 Posts
OEM Jeep one is simply amazing in quality. Dennis from GLJT has one on his rubi, when he stopped by with it on, I was very impressed. After seeing it I will defintely buy the OEM one. Have your parts guy cut you a break on it, since the retail is $400!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have the OEM one too and I concur about the quality. It fits soooooo nicely and it is incredibly quiet. I have driven in an all out rainstorm and stayed perfectly dry. I can't say enough about it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
triver525 said:
I have the OEM one too and I concur about the quality. It fits soooooo nicely and it is incredibly quiet. I have driven in an all out rainstorm and stayed perfectly dry. I can't say enough about it.
What is the Canadian price?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think I paid around $550 CAN for it. That is a CJA price from Tower.

G

·
0 Posts
I ordered the Bikini, Duster, and Windjammer from Four Wheel Drive Hardware yesterday (6/4/03), and they are shipping the bikini & header today. The Duster & Windjammer are still on national backorder (at least that's what my email from them said).

Doug

·
Registered
340 Posts
triver525 said:
I think I paid around $550 CAN for it. That is a CJA price from Tower.
That is just too much.....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The funny thing is that the OEM product is made by Bestop yet they are on back order.... :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Vulcan said:
That is just too much.....
$550 over 5 years at 0% interest was a much easier pill to swallow. :)

Besides, I use the half top almost exclusively and the quality of the OEM is so good that I believe it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Anyone got some pics, I here they fit similar to how the soft tops go on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was at the dealership last night and asked the parts manager about a full bikini to cover the front and rear passengers. He stated that DC doesn't list the product in their parts manaual. I have a 2003 bestop header from 4WP but no bikini. HOw different would the full top from a 2002 be from a 2003? Could I modify the 1997-2002 full bikini to work with my 2003 header? Ideas...thoughts... TIA
Brian

·
Registered
368 Posts
i have a bestop duster on order from quadratec, its on national backorder, according to them >2002 wont fit

from what i understand bestop oems mopar tops - sailcloth soft tops, bikinis, etc

im considering buying the whole mopar kit, but dont wqant to pay retail

who's got cheap mopar parts?

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
side note...
i tried a buddy`s 2002 bestop trail cover... it did not fit well due
the speaker pods stick up a bit.
just noticed new catalog 4WD summer issue has the new 2003 bestop
items..

·
Registered
368 Posts
i just got off the phone with bestop customer service, mike says they are going to ship june 17th, they say definately before july

i think they know if doesnt come out soon they are going to miss the summer window

aint no way im givin dc $360 for their kit (or $395) from mopar direct

http://www.jeepsareus.com/cgi-bin/miva? ... =Wrangler6

fyi- according to bestop they supply the fabric, but not hardware

·
Registered
467 Posts
haha, i wonder if this is the same bestop rep that told quadratec they would ship in mid-april, then mid-may...and now mid-june. :lol:

EDIT/ 4x4mac, if you find out that 4WD REALLY has the trail cover in stock, please PM me. i have one on backorder from quadratec and will cancel and re-order with 4WD if they do. i dont want to waste the summer waiting for one from q'tec..

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't have any really good pictures of my sun bonnet. Here is what I have, I will post better ones if you want, just let me know.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Mike Holmes said:
haha, i wonder if this is the same bestop rep that told quadratec they would ship in mid-april, then mid-may...and now mid-june. :lol:

EDIT/ 4x4mac, if you find out that 4WD REALLY has the trail cover in stock, please PM me. i have one on backorder from quadratec and will cancel and re-order with 4WD if they do. i dont want to waste the summer waiting for one from q'tec..
Mike...
just got off the phone...trail covers IN STOCK they had 45 of them..
now they have 44 of them.
:wink:
1-800-333-5535

·
Registered
368 Posts
4x4mac said:
Mike Holmes said:

Mike...
just got off the phone...trail covers IN STOCK they had 45 of them..
now they have 44 of them.
1-800-333-5535
does trail cover = duster?

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
dr_shigaloo said:
does trail cover = duster?
here is a pic

i want to keep the summer temp out the interior
as i also use this Rubi for my daily d.
i like the top off and we get lots of thunder storms
that cover fits well and keeps things dry!

·
Registered
368 Posts
here is a pic

i want to keep the summer temp out the interior
as i also use this Rubi for my daily d.
i like the top off and we get lots of thunder storms
that cover fits well and keeps things dry!
:wink:[/quote]

dig it, thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts