Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High Country 4X4 here in Denver says I will be smashing it against my differential if I install it.

I know the gap is small, but I thought others were running this combo with no problems.

Anyone?

·
Registered
368 Posts
i have JKS front and rear trackbars with an OME HD lift

no problems yet, ill try and take some pics for you with clearances this weekend

which one are you looking at?

- ds

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought the OGS 126 which has a product description of:

"'84 - Present TJ,XJ w/0 - 3.5" Of Lift
'93 - '98 ZJ w/2"-3.5" Of Lift"

the shop said it doesn't take into account the extra size of the D44. and even if i took off the poison spyder rock ring they said i would make A LOT of contact with the differential. i know the stock one used to hit it a lot, so i imagine this big and beefy track bar would too. have you done any wheeling yet to flex out the suspension good? any other factors that may give you more clearance than i have?

this sucks, i really loved this thing - its HUGE compared to stock!

·
Registered
368 Posts
i snapped a bunch of pics, not all of them great

you can see them at

http://www.shigaloo.org/jeep/img/track_bars/

i havent gotten to flex her out real good yet

i was able to get my hand all the way around the track bar at the differential and still had some clearance

with the rock ring i could see it being tight, have you looked at the t&j diff cover?

i did see some rust on the rear trackbar, looked like it making some contact with the exaust pipe. I need to get it on a ramp to check clearnaces for sure

hope it helps

-ds

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the pics. it definitely looks like you have way more clearance than i do in terms of the plane of vertical drop. pics can obviously be deceiving, but it looks like if you flexed the suspension, the frame end of the track bar would completely miss the diff altogether. the odd thing is, if my axle were centered, my problem would get worse because the pumpkin would shift towards the driver's side.

i assume the pics with the scuffs on the diff cover are showing that the bar itself is making contact? i would keep an eye on that. also, if you get a chance double check to see how centered your axle is. i am just curious if the jeep tolerances are that varied.

here is my pic. stock bar is (or was, not sure since i lifted the jeep) making contact at the 2 o'clock position. the rock ring accounts for 3/4" clearance loss. i think i am going to grind down the contact spot on the rock ring until i reverse the rear and front diff guards (rear "rock ring" is only 1/4" thick).

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Mike Holmes said:

Damn that is nice and clean under there...Everything is sparkling.. 8)

G

·
0 Posts
TERA

Just put on the Tera adj trk bar. Beefy and easy to adj (sleeve like steering links not a jam nut). Frame side is just like stock setup. I don't run disco's and am assuming contact issues are due to that. Also with the auto pan skid x member it would prob droop and have DS contact too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats an option i was considering. i like how easy the tera adjusts. but right now i have a severe case of aversion to teraflex products that is keeping me from going that route.

i think i am going to solve the track bar problem by lifting my jeep more. :D seems like the ratonal decision right?

everyone stand by for a "20 questions about tom woods driveshafts" thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts