Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Rubicon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my very first Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon ... it’s so fun!! I’m looking for events or groups to do things or what not.... anyone have any info or advice?

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
If you are new to off-roading, check out Jeep Jamboree. They hold two events in Texas that would be fun for you. How about sharing a couple of pictures of your Rubicon? We're almost neighbors - our ranch is west of Fredericksburg.

·
3,491 Posts
Plenty of good wheeling in Texas and Oklahoma

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,064 Posts
The best bet is find local jeep clubs. They usually fall into 2 categories... those that welcome newbies and have jeeps of all levels of modification. The second is a group of hardcore enthusiasts that cant be bothered by newbies. Luckily the majority of jeepers fall into the first category. There is a lot of good wheeling in TX (I am in The Woodlands), I like Big Bend National Park, for a combination of trail riding and light wheeling. While a lot of people will push you to start adding lifts and big tires, I recommend you get used to your jeep as is. It is critical to add skid plates and armor if you will offroad it on trails tougher than a beach. The cost of a repair such as a bent oil pan or exhaust often costs more than the skid plate that would have prevented the damage. Also wheel your jeep as is with other jeepers, that way you can look at their modifications and see if they work for you. It will save you a lot of money on modifications you did not like. If you are ever in the area, let me know and I can show you my jeeps and tell you what I like and did not like when I modified them. Welcome to the forum and remember Jeep means Just Empty Every Pocket as they are the legos for adults.

·
Registered
TJ and JKU Rubicons
4 Posts
I have my very first Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon ... it’s so fun!! I’m looking for events or groups to do things or what not.... anyone have any info or advice?
Palo Duro Jeep Jamboree still has a few spots open. 32nd Palo Duro 2020 - Jeep Jamboree U.S.A.
I am going in my TJ Rubicon. Its really a great place to learn how to drive your Jeep and well worth the money because you have access to land that is not open to the public. You will also meet other Jeepers. I am also a member of Austin Jeep Exclusive which has plenty of outings, though this year has been rough. San Antonio Jeep Exclusive is another sister type club in San Antonio with some cool people. I can PM you my contact information if you want to learn more. I am headed to Palo Duro with another TJ, we both signed up when there where 8 spots left, so now there is only at most 6 Jeep spaces. Palo Duro is where I learned to drive my Jeep and fall in love with off roading in 2001 on a bone stock TJ.

·
Registered
2017 Rubicon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check out you local area for Jeep clubs. I bet there is a bunch of them that would be happy to have you tag along and show you the ropes.
I can’t find any 😕 but I’m also not on FB... that’s why I asked on here

·
Registered
2017 Rubicon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The best bet is find local jeep clubs. They usually fall into 2 categories... those that welcome newbies and have jeeps of all levels of modification. The second is a group of hardcore enthusiasts that cant be bothered by newbies. Luckily the majority of jeepers fall into the first category. There is a lot of good wheeling in TX (I am in The Woodlands), I like Big Bend National Park, for a combination of trail riding and light wheeling. While a lot of people will push you to start adding lifts and big tires, I recommend you get used to your jeep as is. It is critical to add skid plates and armor if you will offroad it on trails tougher than a beach. The cost of a repair such as a bent oil pan or exhaust often costs more than the skid plate that would have prevented the damage. Also wheel your jeep as is with other jeepers, that way you can look at their modifications and see if they work for you. It will save you a lot of money on modifications you did not like. If you are ever in the area, let me know and I can show you my jeeps and tell you what I like and did not like when I modified them. Welcome to the forum and remember Jeep means Just Empty Every Pocket as they are the legos for adults.
Thank you so much! My Jeep has a lift on it and kinda large tires.. like I said, it’s my first and I don’t know all the terms or even what kind of lift I have. I totally understand newbie vs experienced. Thanks for your help.... I’ll see how far your area is and maybe head out there one weekend.

·
Registered
2017 Rubicon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill
Remember

1 - 18 of 18 Posts