Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
11,322 Posts
Nice!.
You may want to consider Clayton lower shock relocation brackets or out boarding your rear shocks.
I’m surprised if you run in the rocks that you haven’t damaged your rear shock mounts.
Amen brother - I was thinking the very same.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thats great. I'm thrilled for you that they are so nice out of the box.

How much bumpstop are you running up front? Thats a tall shock you put in.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So these ones? Jeep Wrangler Rear Shock Extensions 1997-2006 TJ/LJ Or the weld in ones like this are the only way to go? Jeep Wrangler Lower Shock Relocation Kit 1997-2006, TJ/LJ Currie makes some like the first too that look fine as well for less. Currie TJ/LJ Rear Lower Shock Mount Extensions

I've always tried to be cognizant of my placement over rocks along that area and haven't had a problem in all these years. The bolt in ones seem seem simple enough if they will provide some extra protection.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
The weld in ones from Clayton move the lower shock mount behind the LCA mount which protects it better. Some where on this forum I have a write up of the installation.
I had the Currie extensions as you note above, only made the problem of bending the lower shock mount worse. IMO, bolt on are a waste of time and money.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Got to do some wheelin with the new shocks on and it's pretty freakin sweet. I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger!

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It feels more planted and smooth. Like going over the same stuff that would rattle it around and make the jeep jittery is a lot more smoothly absorbed. The little stuff and ground irregularities and water drainage cuts on normal dirt trails could be taken faster or a similar slow speed, but not be punishing. The bilsteins just seemed a lot stiffer in every situation and every little imperfection in the road/ground was very much felt.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts