Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Too much cost for the bean counters.
Typical business decisions are based on cost.
I can't tell you how many times in my career I heard them ask, "how much is this going to cost?"

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Ziploc closure are evil - everybody knows that... :)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok Damn it!.... Now I want everything sold to me to be in zip-lock bags! Even the bag of ten screws I buy when I only need four of them!
Ok then. Go to Lowes pick how many you want from the bin and put them in your zip lock. I'm lucky! My local Ace hardware store still sells bulk from chrome plated, to cadmium, to grade 8, etc. And, as above, I put them in the supplied zip lock bags and whistle all the way home.:D:D

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Ok then. Go to Lowes pick how many you want from the bin and put them in your zip lock. I'm lucky! My local Ace hardware store still sells bulk from chrome plated, to cadmium, to grade 8, etc. And, as above, I put them in the supplied zip lock bags and whistle all the way home.:D:D

Just make sure that you check each and every one of those items to make sure some idiot didn't "happen" to put one in the wrong bin. I hate it when I get home and find one odd whatever among the correct ones I just bought.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just make sure that you check each and every one of those items to make sure some idiot didn't "happen" to put one in the wrong bin. I hate it when I get home and find one odd whatever among the correct ones I just bought.
I always, always, always screw a nut on each bolt! Learned the hard way!

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
I was being facetious. I usually do head for the bins and just get what I want unless I think it's something I'll need again, then I'll but a pack. :wink2:

·
Administrator
10,765 Posts
Roger that. Been there. When I started stocking my bolt bin I would buy 20 pounds of assorted fasteners from Tractor Supply at a time. You have to look at every piece to be sure it's not out of place.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was being facetious. I usually do head for the bins and just get what I want unless I think it's something I'll need again, then I'll but a pack. :wink2:
And I was snarky in my reply. Sorry for that. Info remains good but tone should have been different.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
And I was snarky in my reply. Sorry for that. Info remains good but tone should have been different.:smile2:

Personally, I didn't find anything "snarky" in your reply. All you were doing is stating that you always check each nut and bolt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts