Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some front trackbar problems. Initial investigation led to to believe "new upper mounting bolt, nut and cone sleeve" would solve the problem.

I called David and got the parts. After closer inspection, I then realized that the upper mounting hole (on the frame bracket) was oversized because the bolt had worked it self loose and caused play, which wore the hole a tad oversized. DOH!!

Not knowing what a solution would be, I called David and described the dilemma. He said "Currie has a front trackbar that uses a larger upper mounting bolt, so if the hole isn't "too big already" you can drill it out to make this trackbar work because it uses a 5/8" mounting bolt at the upper end."

Trackbar arrived yesterday and will get installed tonight.

It sure is nice having someone as a resource for parts that KNOWS Jeeps AND what the various aftermarket parts are, AND the configuration of said parts!!

This was a huge benefit to me because some of us don't have time to spend hours of research on the computer trying to figure out a solution such as this. I described my problem, and David immediately knew a solution. WOOHOO!

You'd never get that kind of service from a huge catalog warehouse with an "order entry clerk" on the other end of the phone.

THANKS NORTHRIDGE!! :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,449 Posts
I'll tack onto this if you don't mind. I noticed that a bracket was missing during my install on Sunday night. The product was dropped shipped so David never touched it; however, he had the company call me on Monday. I got the part on Tuesday!

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
Steve578 said:
I'll tack onto this if you don't mind. I noticed that a bracket was missing during my install on Sunday night. The product was dropped shipped so David never touched it; however, he had the company call me on Monday. I got the part on Tuesday!
David has always excelled in Customer Service
:wink:

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
mac said:
Steve578 said:
David has always excelled in Customer Service
:wink:
X2! Customer service goes a LONG way and he's always been great in this regard. Highly recommend him.

Doug-

Did you have the JKS bar prior? Interested to know of any additional clearance the new Currie HD bar offers at the cover. Said to clear better due to shape/design, but I haven't seen one in person. Will be making some changes soon and may need a new bar. Just curious.

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
[quote='05TJLWBRUBY].........Doug-

Did you have the JKS bar prior? Interested to know of any additional clearance the new Currie HD bar offers at the cover. Said to clear better due to shape/design, but I haven't seen one in person. Will be making some changes soon and may need a new bar. Just curious...........[/quote]999,999X with David

Mike,
I have the HD one. It was so new that David was recommending the other track bar by Currie but, I was set on this one. I don't believe he saw it offered yet at that time. I don't have any issues with my SOLID cover but, other brands may be different. I had called him up reference to replacing my RE 1660's heim joint (due to a DW issue) but, he told me to upgrade to Currie and never look back. I had anticipated his response and already researched the replacement track bar.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote='05TJLWBRUBY]Did you have the JKS bar prior? Interested to know of any additional clearance the new Currie HD bar offers at the cover. Said to clear better due to shape/design, but I haven't seen one in person. Will be making some changes soon and may need a new bar. Just curious.[/quote]

Yes, I had the JKS. During the install process (which I finally completed last night after having to go buy a 5/8 drill bit) I could tell just by having the two trackbars laying next to each other on the garage floor that the Currie unit will offer more clearance.

I did get the HD version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts