Rubicon Owners Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Factory LED fog lights installed and the longest bumper install in history is finally over!

Finally done.....even though it took a while due to my back, I take some pride in getting it finished. Things get tougher as I age! LOL!

The next project might be a set of LED headlights. It's amazing how much different the light color is between the LEDs and the halogen headlights.

· Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Somewhat of an update..... Cancer doc says I'm good to go, but the back still hurts. Went back to my back doc and will see another back doc for some magic injections on 1/29. Went to my regular doc and got some Celebrex.....good stuff. Not painfree but much better.

Still cannot walk on downhill or uneven ground and am very weak and tired...probably due to the ongoing nerve issue for the last 15 years.

So why is this medical crap in my "build" thread? Methinks that my Jeep build is becoming less and less offroad directed. I have a Rubicon takeoff suspension I may not use. The other mods so far, will take me ANYWHERE I am able to go, so future mods are probably be simple, DD style mods that are easy to do and add function to the DD mode.

So thinking in that direction, I want to use a tablet as a GPS and need a mount. Right now Vector Offroad and 67Designs make some cool stuff, but the old standby, Ram Mounts, is cheaper and seems to be more available.

I need to keep the back seat available, so I need to come up with a security enclosure that allows the retention and use of the back seat.

Any thoughts or ideas?

· Administrator
15,287 Posts
Somewhat of an update..... Cancer doc says I'm good to go, but the back still hurts. Went back to my back doc and will see another back doc for some magic injections on 1/29. Went to my regular doc and got some Celebrex.....good stuff. Not painfree but much better.

Still cannot walk on downhill or uneven ground and am very weak and tired...probably due to the ongoing nerve issue for the last 15 years.

So why is this medical crap in my "build" thread? Methinks that my Jeep build is becoming less and less offroad directed. I have a Rubicon takeoff suspension I may not use. The other mods so far, will take me ANYWHERE I am able to go, so future mods are probably be simple, DD style mods that are easy to do and add function to the DD mode.

So thinking in that direction, I want to use a tablet as a GPS and need a mount. Right now Vector Offroad and 67Designs make some cool stuff, but the old standby, Ram Mounts, is cheaper and seems to be more available.

I need to keep the back seat available, so I need to come up with a security enclosure that allows the retention and use of the back seat.

Any thoughts or ideas?
I had a Tuffy box that fit in the back and kept the rear seat available
the box folded up when not in use and folded out into the rear cargo area and was a secure way to haul tools and things
good luck on the back ...
:wink2:

· Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Ref GPS:
If you have a cage RockHard 4x4 has billet aluminum mounts to accommodate Ram Mounts. I used that setup to hold a tablet running navigation software as well as my ham radio.

· Super Moderator
3,983 Posts
I liked Bill's set up so much I bought a couple of those rockhard billet clamps. They are quality pieces!

· Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Yes, they are. I think I am moving away from Back Country Navigator on an Android tablet to Gaia on an iPad.

The Android tablet was nothing but trouble. It was the tablet that was problematic, not Android or Back Country Navigator, which may end up supporting iOS in their new product.

Reactions: johncanfield

· Registered
948 Posts
Reactions: johncanfield
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.