Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add mine to the list of leaky axles. During a weekend outting, I discovered the front driver side leaking fairly heavily. The difference is, unlike many of you, my heavy work schedule has dictated that the only rocks my rig has seen to date have been the type that might require the articulation of , oh, say a PT Cruiser (a little hyperbole there, but you get the idea). I have noticed, thought, that I have a pretty good wobble over bumps at highway speeds. I also noticed what seems like rubbing when I turn corners.

Any of this sound related? The Rubi is stock right now and I wanted to make sure I get this taken care of before I build up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Add another leaky axel to the list. Mine started two weeks ago and it took the dealership a week to get it in the shop to look at it. I tried to convince them to order the parts ahead of time and then just install them when they got in but they wouldn't do it. So now I have to wait another week for the exact parts I told them to order to come in so they can fix in this coming Monday. I miss not being in the woods with the Jeep, can't wait to get it fixed and back into action.

Rubicon is stock for now, once tires wear down then I will add a lift and bigger tires, etc. :D

Will post after the repair and let ya'll know how it went and if they did it right and that it was covered under the warranty. The Jeep is 3 months old and only has 2050 miles on it :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Add me to the Dana 44's leaking seal club. Front left side. I hope DC in Toronto has seals in stock, want Jeep for weekend......
Anyone out there with further insight to WHY? :?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea's why but mine got fixed yesterday. It seems to be working fine but it will get tested this weekend with a little off road action :D

It took about a week for the parts to get shiped to my dealership but they were very friendly and quick installing them once they did get here. The best part is that I left with a bill saying No Charge!!! I think that might be a first for me to not have a dealership charge me for something.

I am glad it is fixed so now I can go and play again, man I was missing it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
put in my OME lift yesterday and noticed my drivers side axle seal leaking as well...taking it in this week, and i hope they don't try to blame the lift as it just went on...i'll post update once i get it looked at...as far as i know , DC knows about the seals hence the backlog of axle seal being ordered so hopefully no problems getting the work done

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, it seems that there are more than a few leaky axles here and also that most of them are on the driver's side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts