Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took jeep in for a loud knocking sound today thought it was tranny as told by another mechanic.They tell me its 95% my tcase but they cant be sure until they tear it apart.Tell me its my big tires that caused it so they wont cover under warrenty.They still charged me $80 and sent me down the road! :-x I called another dealer they said they would honor it but are scared mine flagged the account then they cant do anything,and cannot find out if its flagged without doing the repair then turning in the claim so im screwed if its flagged.Their advice is to start by calling chrysler so i did filed a complaint and was assigned to a case worker who will call me in the AM.Any help/advice would be apreciated.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
without finding out exactly what is broken, lots of parts in the transfercase, they can't deny warranty because of the tires. in order to deny the warranty on it they have to prove your tires caused it.

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
JimmyB said:
without finding out exactly what is broken, lots of parts in the transfercase, they can't deny warranty because of the tires. in order to deny the warranty on it they have to prove your tires caused it.
x3.

And I can't fathom how they could conclude tires caused a transfer case to fail, considering there are many other pieces of the drivetrain between the tires and the transfer-case.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chrysler called me today was very abrupt and to the point.sir our dealers are our eyes and ears we can't help you and they say it was caused by your lift/tires.I said well why does the dealer outside of town say they will fix it?He said well fine by me if that dealer will warrenty it then take it to him. :roll: What a scam

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't make them prove it I told them that's BS he said big tires are hard on transfercases.what can I do pay a lawyer to get involved I can't do that?????????

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I don't know what the specific problem is either but I can imagine 37's adding additional stress to the t-case. That's not a mild deviation from stock like going from 31s to 33s. You do have 5.13s which should help the t-case but upgrading axles and ujoint means the extra stress moves up the drive line :)

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
TAZER15 said:
Chrysler called me today was very abrupt and to the point.sir our dealers are our eyes and ears we can't help you and they say it was caused by your lift/tires.I said well why does the dealer outside of town say they will fix it?He said well fine by me if that dealer will warrenty it then take it to him. :roll: What a scam
hopefully you wrote down the guys name and title, give that information to the dealer that is willing to fix it so they have an easier time with the warranty work. also make sure they know that you are only authorizing repairs if they are covered under warranty....it'd be good to get that in writing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seapahn said:
I don't know what the specific problem is either but I can imagine 37's adding additional stress to the t-case. That's not a mild deviation from stock like going from 31s to 33s. You do have 5.13s which should help the t-case but upgrading axles and ujoint means the extra stress moves up the drive line :)
2ell I see your thinking and you may be slightly correct but not enough to blow the all mighty ROCKTRAC! Its made to take more abuse that some 37s humming thru it .I promise if you calledyour local dealership told them you wanted a new JK to put 37s on they would tell you oh these things are the toughest 4wds on the market that would be a great combo guys are doing it all over the country.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
call chrysler back and get a senior case worker involved. any warranty co. or insurance co. always says NO!!! the first time.
they also told me NO the first time I called to bitch about my soft top. it took a few calls but they finally covered it under warranty, even though the warranty had already expired.
cost me a hundred dollar deductable. even though I had torn holes in it wheeling. that wasnt the problem, so they covered it

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
This really stinks. I hate reading this stuff. My mods are in the sig. I have never had a warranty issue. My dealer replaced my entire tranny went it imploded on itself at 48k miles.
I asked my service writer about the medic eng/tc skids being heavier and if they would charge me more for r&r. He said no. Its the same amount of bolts as factory. The mech did complain about the weight and wanted to charge me more but they did not charge me. The service writer told him no.

Im so glad I have a Great dealer to work with!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eric said:
call chrysler back and get a senior case worker involved. any warranty co. or insurance co. always says NO!!! the first time.
they also told me NO the first time I called to bitch about my soft top. it took a few calls but they finally covered it under warranty, even though the warranty had already expired.
cost me a hundred dollar deductable. even though I had torn holes in it wheeling. that wasnt the problem, so they covered it
Will do! I was just gunna take it to winfield but if I can do it here its easier and ill make davis moors use the $80 they charged me to look at it.I'm gunna call and chew some a$$!I'm in the mood

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
TAZER15 said:
I promise if you calledyour local dealership told them you wanted a new JK to put 37s on they would tell you oh these things are the toughest 4wds on the market that would be a great combo guys are doing it all over the country.
Aint that the truth. Only if they got their sales and marketting guys to talk more to their warranty repairs department ... :roll: :D

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
TAZER15 said:
Eric said:
Will do! I was just gunna take it to winfield but if I can do it here its easier and ill make davis moors use the $80 they charged me to look at it.I'm gunna call and chew some a$$!I'm in the mood
DM has always treated me pretty good. I'm curious to hear what Winfield says.

BTW, mods - did someone delete my earlier post in this thread?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stangmata said:
TAZER15 said:
Eric said:
DM has always treated me pretty good. I'm curious to hear what Winfield says.

BTW, mods - did someone delete my earlier post in this thread?
Winfield said they'd fix it but needed to call chrylser to make sure my account wasn't flagged and said chrysler would prob make DM warrenty it too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had jeep towed to winfield for repairs only to learn the district manager flagged my account.Which my case worker said a week ago he had not done.went to head of warrenty dept he says district manager has more pull than he does.I guess next step is to call district manager. :bs:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chrysler & their dealers suck donkey balls. Their warranty isn't worth the paper..., well - you know the rest. Funny they can deny things w/o proof of anything. Seems kind of backwards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts