Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things have been going slower than I wanted this weekend but...

I do have my OME ZJ/LJ springs on, and now my Hanson front bumper and most of the Currie Anti-Rock.

I still need to finish the Anti-Rock, install my winch and adjustable track bars...

The Anti-Rock issue:

It appears the clearance for the left Anti-Rock bar (the one that attaches to the torsion bar and runs back, parallel to the driver's side frame) is very limited. It looks like when the left tire drops down and takes the Anti-Rock bar/arm with it that the bar has very little room to clear the stock steering box bolts sticking out the left side of the frame.

I biased the Anti-Rock bar to the left as there is a little extra to play with and moved the left bar out a bit... then I started to mount my Kilby steering box skid which puts the lower/left steering-box bolt further out. It sure looks like the Anti-Rock arm will hit/rub when the suspension articulates?

I must assume it will clear a stock Jeep? True?

Anyone running it with a Kilby steering-box skid without clearance issues?

Thanks,

James
PhotoWrite

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I'm not sure if the Warn is similar but i have the warn skid and the anti rock and no issues....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Redmist said:
I am running the Anti-Rock with a Kilby skid on my box and have no issues at all.

It does look close though
Great! Thanks for the input. Same skid, same Anti-Rock, I shouldn't have a problem. I will bolt it on and give it a try. :)

Yep, it looks very close to those steering box bolts even without the skid mounted. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
i thought mine was close to the bolts also but after ramping it i looked & it clears.

full droop and it clears the bolt head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts