Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I read something similar to that a while back, on a Corvette site. I never liked FRAM filters anyway. Although a Fram filter would probably be okay for 3000 miles, but why not get a better filter if doesn't cost more?

I saw a Fram, a Purolator, and a AC Delco fliter cut apart in an Auto parts store before, and have used AC and Purolator filters ever since.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have read somewhere that AC Delco Ultraguard Gold is supposed to be the best compromise in terms of filtering capability and flow characteristics. However, it is next to impossible to find.

So I am using Purolator Pure One. Supposedly ranked second or third.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
I use the Napa Gold (Wix) and you can find them everywhere. I read the same corvette thread and this one seems very similar.

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
I use the Mobil-1 - #301 .

It is manufactured by champion filter company for Mobil . They also
do one for Bosch . Both rated highest quality .

The Mobil-1 - #301 is 30% larger than the suggested size for better
oil temperature , oil flow , and filter capacity .

:D

·
Registered
639 Posts
I know that KMart used to have them... but the one close to my house closed down so can't tell u if they still carry them or not.

G

·
0 Posts
I use the Purolator Pure One (PL-14670). It is the same one that came stock on my Rubi. I even cut them open to take a look. Same stampings, and inards. I do like the Wix filters though, just a pain to get them from NAPA, so I went with the next best I could find.

Ron

·
Registered
188 Posts
I buy Mobil filters from Auto Zone, they also ship if your not close to one. I did a lot of reserch on Filters to, I found that Mobile 1 and Wix were rated as the best. However, the Mobil 1 is a tad better being it uses a Synthetic media, which filters better.

Auto Zone Web Site

Damon

·
Registered
843 Posts
FILTERS

I continue to use AMSOIL filters. Full flow and highly rated.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I have been using the Fram Tough guard filter. I know Fram was not rated that high but the tough guard did the best of the Frams. Walmart and Autozone only carry fram for my jeep. I may try Napa or OReilly's. I would like to use Mobil 1, I use their synthetic oil in my engine but I can't seem to find it around here (Northwest TN).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Order them online...

G

·
0 Posts
bbusch ,

Get out the phone book and find Mobil-1 or Bosch filters !

Call Mobil-1 customer service from their website .

They will hook you up with a dealer .

:D

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Thanks ya'll, I will probably just start ordering them online.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
rlj, do you know the part number for a K&N?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts