Rubicon Owners Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
6 Posts
How many rounds of 5.56 or 7.62x39 do you keep on hand? Roughly.
Trying to get an idea for a realistic number of rounds.
I always keep a little more than the members of my household can carry. No sense in stock piling when they have drones and missiles that can take out the entire house. At some point, if it matters, we will be on the move and there is no way to carry what we have.

And I prefer to identify with the title of Hillbilly.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
6 Posts
I always keep a little more than the members of my household can carry. No sense in stock piling when they have drones and missiles that can take out the entire house. At some point, if it matters, we will be on the move and there is no way to carry what we have.

And I prefer to identify with the title of Hillbilly.
Which is why I went with the Sarge Green. If sh!t hits the fan I can back her up in the bushes and hide a little better than those flashy colors.

·
Administrator
11,908 Posts
I bought my first AK about a month ago - Zastava ZPAP M90 - this one is Serbian and chambered in 5.56. I was amazed how easy it was to field strip and clean compared to the AR's. The M90 is supposed to be one of the top five AKs currently in production. Haven't shot it yet - been way too busy :unsure:

·
Registered
05 Rubicon Sahara
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I bought my first AK about a month ago - Zastava ZPAP M90 - this one is Serbian and chambered in 5.56. I was amazed how easy it was to field strip and clean compared to the AR's. The M90 is supposed to be one of the top five AKs currently in production. Haven't shot it yet - been way too busy :unsure:
I built my AK a long time ago out of a box of parts. It shoots extremely well. I think I posted a pic years ago here also. I'll post again. The fancy camo job was done with a sheet of paper with slots in it, and cans of regular rattle can paint. These are my first mags. I have acquired several more since painting these. If I decide to camo the new mags, I will just use the elastic camo wrap. I might wrap myself in it.
Musical instrument Wood Font Art Metal

·
Registered
05 Rubicon Sahara
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Another lesson learned. Don't put off cleaning your black powder firearm, then forget. I've spent the better part of 3 hours cleaning the firearm to get back in shooting condition, and it still needs some cleaning, but the tool I purchased to clean the primer cups is a piece of garbage.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
There are TV shows and movies of when society and government end as we know it... The Walking dead, The Book of Eli , to name two but there are many more. I grew up with the Red Scare and Nuclear War. All is a terrible scenario no matter if you are armed to the teeth or not.

My Dad had thousands of 308 ammo thinking it was the round to have since it was a NATO standard. This was back in the late 1950's and 60's. Some in our neighborhood had nuclear fallout shelters built and food stock piled. But everyone knew that in the aftermath you were going to have to deal with other survivors and it would be kill or be killed. We all saw the Twilight Zone show on the subject!

I remember talk about finding a remote place to make a stand. One that would be away from people, had water, tillable land and remoteness. Deer hunting I remember discussions around the campfire from WW2 veterans, the locations they all could meet at when the time came. Plans included burying and stock piling weapons and food.

Anyway looks like we haven't gone far in our thinking. Still we talk of the end of times and the need to be armed, stockpiling food and supplies. I have many weapons and know how to use them but I have worked to be a good gardener. I notice isolated places I visit while 4 wheeling that would be a good place to hide out with friends and family. But today with the population pressing our land nowhere can that be done and all that is a fantasy. If society ended as we know it we are all toast. Just be a matter of time when some group with greater firepower took you out.

In the end I think putting effort into keeping our society in working order will do more to preserve humanity. That's why I caution listening to alarmists and propagandist that flood the airways today. Our best hope is to keep America going, respect each other. Best way to do that is to stay out of the bubble of disinformation and stay in reality. Reality says weapons are not an answer to the problems of our society and may just be the tool of our undoing.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts