Just received 150 rear axles.

If you have not already now is a good time to upgrade :D

David
Cost of rear axles with bearings installed shipped to 83815

·
Registered
684 Posts
Eagle-Mark said:
[quote="[email protected]":tkqjvhac]Just received 150 rear axles.

If you have not already now is a good time to upgrade :D

David
Cost of rear axles with bearings installed shipped to 83815[/quote:tkqjvhac]

even I can answer that........ $225 free shipping +25 for assembled
(mine arrived yesterday)

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Man I was really hoping to get in on that $600 30/30 front upgrade, but unfortunately this second surgery wiped out all my funds again. I'm sure there will be lots of happy customers though based off the inventory you have setup now-very nice-very nice indeed. :lildevil:

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Once again Northridge is giving you more for your money.

Not sure why we didnt think of this sooner but we are now including 8 new 3/8 locking nuts with all axle kits so you do not have to reuse your old ones.

David

·
Registered
487 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread. Does anyone know (for sure) the part number for the 27 spline outer shafts that came with this deal? I need to replace an outer and there is no 27 splice outer listed for the dana 44 in the rubi. All I see are the 30 splines.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Any TJ outer will work. I just googled it and all I saw was 27 spine and no 30's.

I had the 30's. But the quality of those Alloys was pretty low. The unit bearings that came with them were crap too and didn't last very long. Then a new unit bearing was more than getting much better quality 27 spline outers and Timken unit bearings, so I ditched the 30's.

But, seriously - 27's is all I saw searching for TJ outers right now. Are you sure you are looking at TJ parts?

- DAA

·
Registered
487 Posts
Any TJ outer will work. I just googled it and all I saw was 27 spine and no 30's.

I had the 30's. But the quality of those Alloys was pretty low. The unit bearings that came with them were crap too and didn't last very long. Then a new unit bearing was more than getting much better quality 27 spline outers and Timken unit bearings, so I ditched the 30's.

But, seriously - 27's is all I saw searching for TJ outers right now. Are you sure you are looking at TJ parts?

- DAA
Thanks for the reply. There is an end shaft #10104 that says it's for 87-06 TJ Dana 30. The only Dana 44 (Rubi) appears to be the 30 spline. I was just looking for some confirmation that the Dana 30 end was 27 splines and worked for the Rubi.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Partsgeek lists a replacement outer shaft from Crown that specifies it's for a Dana 30, but lists 2004 TJ Sport and Rubicon as compatible vehicles. I guess the end is a Dana 30. I guess it's naïve to hope it would be listed somewhere as a Dana 44 end.

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
734 Posts
I'm not sure what came with this deal but would assume you have the Alloy set from back in the day? Just count the splines and see if there are 30 or 27.

FWIW, the OEM outer is a 27 spline that is same for D30/44 with Spicer# 43205. Spicer also makes a 4340 version with # 10007747.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have the 27 spline outers and just ordered the Alloy 10104 end. I was second guessing myself because the end is listed for the Dana 30 and I wasn't sure if there were and difference in the size. There was no series codes in the factory parts list so I thought maybe there was no difference, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,262 Posts
Most of the aftermarket axles are made in one or two factories in India - from (I think) an Alloy USA rep I chatted with at an All For Fun event (Colorado.)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts