Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With only 1300 miles still on my Rubi, I am looking to get new wheels soon, since there have been so many reports of moabs scratching badly with even very light offroading, and also since the moabs are still fetching a pretty good price for themselves. The replacements that I have liked best so far are the ones by Alcoa, which are now discontinued and being sold at discount by a liquidator. These are very strong and resistant to scratching, and there are only 20 of them left in the 16x8 size. Yet, when I placed a notice of a possible Alcoa group buy in the jeep for sale section of this forum, there still has been no response. So, I guess you could say that I am wondering at the lack of interest. Any comments?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think you're on the right track if you want to go aluminum. A lot of wheelers are going AR 767 though because they are cheap to buy and easy to fix. If you go with the Alcoas I would get 15's JMO. If I had more dough I might run them

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 15s do give overall better selection of tires, but the 16 fits the 285x75 R16 Goodyear MTR which I really like, due to the thickness of sidewall, and great traction on dry surfaces. And keeping the 16 seems somehow to be keeping the appearance closer to stock. I wonder if anyone ever reads those group buy things? :?:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forged wont crack either

Forged are not brittle like cast MOAB's and will not crack/brake too. They can bend but so can steel wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts