Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures of the AiROCK install, Dennis at Xtreme Unlimited in Oceano is doing the install for me we will be doing the first test run on Saturday

There are a few things still left to do like the Poison Spyder Customs Rocker Panels, Tera Sway Bar and the bumper chopped to accommodate the new sway bar

After I pick it up I will be hitting the trails between SoCal and Moab to test things out

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ned said:
I'm afraid to ask, but did they do all that in one day? :lol:

By the way, looking good. I've just found my second wind! :D
One day turnaround guaranteed, just kidding I left it there 10 days ago I think they finished everything today can’t wait to see it on Saturday. Keep that second wind going it will be done before you know it :D

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
jeppi said:
Ned said:
I'm afraid to ask, but did they do all that in one day? :lol:

By the way, looking good. I've just found my second wind! :D
One day turnaround guaranteed, just kidding I left it there 10 days ago I think they finished everything today can’t wait to see it on Saturday. Keep that second wind going it will be done before you know it :D
AWESOME!!!!!!

were still on for the 22nd?
:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Jeppi:

Be sure to show mac what an AiROCK suspension can do! :D

The install looks great. I can't imagine using a lift to install an AiROCK. What a luxury.....

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
Looks great. I still love that front bumper of yours. Just don't want to pay freight on it. Now to convince myself that I need to have the AiRock.

Ron

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JerryC said:
Jeppi:

Be sure to show mac what an AiROCK suspension can do! :D

The install looks great. I can't imagine using a lift to install an AiROCK. What a luxury.....

Jerry
Jerry I don't even know what the AiROCK will do :? but I'll soon find out, hopefully I'll have it figured out before LV so I can show Mac all the AiROCK capabilities 8)

Yes the lift makes it look much easier.

PBR Stitch said:
Looks great. I still love that front bumper of yours. Just don't want to pay freight on it. Now to convince myself that I need to have the AiRock.

Ron
I guess the freight would be a bit to FL from WA it's a heavy bumper, I was thinking it would be good idea to have it in 3 pcs have the ends bolt on that way you could ship UPS and the ends could be removed for rock crawling, you do rock crawl in FL don't you Ron :roll:

I’m sorry I shouldn’t tease about rock crawling. Give it some time you’ll convince yourself the AiROCK is must I did. :D

Jon

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
jeppi said:
Jerry I don't even know what the AiROCK will do :? but I'll soon find out, hopefully I'll have it figured out before LV so I can show Mac all the AiROCK capabilities 8)

It will take you a number of wheeling trips to really appreciate what the system can do. Not only does the lift make it easier, so does having someone else do it! :D

What's with the Edelbrock shocks? I have Bilsteins....

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
jeppi said:
you do rock crawl in FL don't you Ron :roll:

I’m sorry I shouldn’t tease about rock crawling. Give it some time you’ll convince yourself the AiROCK is must I did. :D

Jon
I rock crawl all the time down here! Only it's the gravel in the parking lot, not real challenging, but you should see the Rubi creep over it in 4 low. Just an amazing sight. :lol:

Ron

·
Registered
740 Posts
JerryC said:
jeppi said:

It will take you a number of wheeling trips to really appreciate what the system can do. Not only does the lift make it easier, so does having someone else do it! :D

What's with the Edelbrock shocks? I have Bilsteins....

Jerry
The long arms come with the Edelbrocks. And my lift came with two right hand shoes too. Yep, that's right, I have two front passenger side control arms and no driver side. Good thing we are dealing with Steve, cuz he was on it. He said he'd get the arm to me before Saturday (I plan on buttoning it up this weekend).

Ned

By the way, did you hear that ORO is taking orders for their Rocklox DOT bead locks. Mmmmm....Christmas is soooo close! :D

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Ned said:
The long arms come with the Edelbrocks. And my lift came with two right hand shoes too. Yep, that's right, I have two front passenger side control arms and no driver side. Good thing we are dealing with Steve, cuz he was on it. He said he'd get the arm to me before Saturday (I plan on buttoning it up this weekend).

Ned

By the way, did you hear that ORO is taking orders for their Rocklox DOT bead locks. Mmmmm....Christmas is soooo close! :D
Ah, I didn't know that about the LA kit. Have fun finishing up this weekend. You 're going to have a great time with that Rubi.

And yes, they start taking orders next week. See my post at http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1780

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
Okay guys (I won't name, names of who made me do this, but you know who you are), I've been thinking about it all day and I made a decision. Coming Christmas 2004. AiRock'd and Long Armed PBR Stitch. That should give me enough time to figure out which set of AiRock Bags I want. Okay It will be the big set. Now all I need is OBA, and a rear adj. Track bar, TW DS..... Anyone running the JKS rear Adj Track bar? I would like to see pics of the bracket for the rear axle to see if I need to weld up my RE/ OME holes.

Ron (The Darkside has taken hold!)

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Siily Stitch. You know I have JKS adjustable bars. I'll take some pics this weekend.

I know who I am. Welcome to the Dark Side. :beercheers:

Jerry

·
Registered
740 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
Okay guys (I won't name, names of who made me do this, but you know who you are), I've been thinking about it all day and I made a decision. Coming Christmas 2004. AiRock'd and Long Armed PBR Stitch. That should give me enough time to figure out which set of AiRock Bags I want. Okay It will be the big set. Now all I need is OBA, and a rear adj. Track bar, TW DS..... Anyone running the JKS rear Adj Track bar? I would like to see pics of the bracket for the rear axle to see if I need to weld up my RE/ OME holes.

Ron (The Darkside has taken hold!)
Long arm? ....it'd be ashame to not take advantage of what the LA has to offer with the 4" bags. With 6" you should be (theoretically) be able to run any height you want.

<devil with pitch fork thing voice :evil: >Why wait? Christmas is soooo far away and who knows, ORO might just have a run on 'em and mess you up for a bit...do it now!</devil with pitch fork thing voice :evil: > :D

And congrats on the decision...from what I hear you won't regret it! :tomcat:

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
jeppi said:
The long arms come with the Edelbrocks.
I thought the edelbrocks were for lifts of 4" maximum?
Do you happen to know what they extend to?
The OME Long travel shocks are
Front: 17.75 Comp 27.25 Ext
Rear: 14.75 Comp 24.33 Ext

And I would like to add
All you AiRock people SUCK
and I am not saying because I want to join that club
because I Don...........
OK, couldnt keep a straight face.
I will be joining your group in 2004
The when depends on the tax return this year

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
elff said:
jeppi said:

And I would like to add
because I Don...........
When I called Dennis at Xtreme to do the install he told me to make sure I got the Edelbrock shocks he said he really liked them I really don't know but maybe they have them for the 6" lift now I guess we will have to find out from Steve.

So are we going to have a club called "Rubicon Owners With Lots of Air" or what :D

Here are a couple of more pictures of the install, I had to have the bumper chopped to fit the tera sway bar, I think I like the old bumper better but less weight better clearance for the rocks.

PBR Stitch said:
I rock crawl all the time down here! Only it's the gravel in the parking lot, not real challenging, but you should see the Rubi creep over it in 4 low. Just an amazing sight. :lol:

Ron
Ron I thinks the bumper can now be shipped via UPS plus you might want the chopped version for the type of rock crawling you do down there, this version will clear the parking lot gravel.

G

·
0 Posts
Me I need something to protect the front fenders. I seem to find things head on with those. I might swing up to WA if I go out to MOAB. Then again would it be cost effective, probably not.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
I just though about a couple of names for the new club.

(1) The Rubi Air Heads
(2) Full of Air Rubi's

Ron

·
Registered
740 Posts
elff said:
jeppi said:

And I would like to add
because I Don...........
I'm not sure on the shock details but they are model 3203 ORO112. I checked the Edelbrock site and the shock isn't listed. I think I do recall Steve saying that his set up with the Edelbrocks will give you more travel than with the RELA / coils. :beercheers:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts