Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
You are way not full of it!!! An ounce of prevention is almost always worth a ton fo cure!!!!

I have not even thought about stuff like this yet, but anybody that has run air lockers, knows mud is not your friend with them.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Relocated

Them to behind the drivers seat, inboard.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
There is one guy that has moved his to the engine compartment. I will see if I can find the link to that. He put them up by the firewall on the driverside. Just need to get some extened lines. Air and Wire. It would not be a difficult move. :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Can the two pumps be separated? I wouldn't mind moving the front one closer to the front diff in the engine bay. I wonder if it would make the front locker engage quicker.

G

·
0 Posts
This mod is actually not bad....just did it to my 04. Mounted both compressors on the spare tray under the brake master cylinder. and ported the breather tube to my airbox.......once i have the safari snorkel installed there'll be no way for my lockers to suck mud....plus ...living in Massachusetts, i can tell you that it makes more sense to have them up off the ground.....salt will murder them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts