Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals,
i have 35" bfg mud terrain tires on factory wheels on my 2015 jkur. i was wondering, how low can i air down with the factory wheels and not pop the bead?
thanks

·
3,692 Posts
Lots of folks will tell you 15ish psi. Probably best to try 20 and then 18 to see how it goes. Some tires hold a bead better than others, but BFG should be hold fine.

Reactions: mac and aeroshots

·
Administrator
11,319 Posts
The TJ/LJ oem wheels (Moab wheels) are excellent at holding a bead down to about 12 psi. ^^What Don said is good advice.^^ I'll wager you could safely do 15 psi but work your way down like Don recommended.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the responses, guys. i was hoping 15psi would be ok. and yeah, i forgot to say what type of trails i go on, but for those of you familiar with the area i usually go out to anza borrego/sandstone canyon, big bear, and death valley. so there is a lot of both types pictured above, but i'm mostly doing stuff in between those two types of trails because i don't want to break my daily driver

·
Premium Member
TBD
4,197 Posts
The TJ/LJ oem wheels (Moab wheels) are excellent at holding a bead down to about 12 psi. ^^What Don said is good advice.^^ I'll wager you could safely do 15 psi but work your way down like Don recommended.
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I ran 37" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers on stock Moabs at 8psi.
I never bought Beadlocks because I never needed them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts