Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone that has the factory subwoofer and has changed the head unit how does this work so that the sub recieves signal?

·
Registered
454 Posts
One of the biggest things is that you need to make sure the ground strap is firmly grounded to the chassis of the new head unit. Also, the sub receives signal from both the front and rear speaker outputs from the head unit. This won't be an issue if you are just upgrading the head unit and you aren't using an external amp because you will be just attaching to the original wiring. If you are using an external amp, you will either have to run the factory speaker wires to the amp or find the point of connection where the sub receives its signal.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
the adapter harness for Chrysler does not label the wire for the sub power signal. If memory serves, the wire labeled "power antenna" is used as the power signal to the sub's amp. The sound itself is channeled through the harness from the factory amp and the HU, but I bet you're missing the 12v feed like I was.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys.....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I tried to swap out a head unit from my other vehicle and the sub never worked that good so i just put the stock back in and it sounds good enough for me.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have the stock sub driving a rockford 6 3/4 sub just fine. You gotta hook the remote lead from the aftermarket HU to the power antenna lead of the chrysler harness adapter to make it work. Now I just need to eliminate that rattle in teh soundbar from the new pioneers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts