Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,111 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

Am I seeing that right? Your rear drive shaft costs $5454.95? It calls it a unit. Contrast that with the front driveshaft being $519.95.

EEEEGgads! I calculated your bill to be $14,544.77 with shipping still "TBD." I've spent $2,500 on my 2004 TJ at the most and I've done all of Moab except the top three or so. Wow, I need to lay down. I can't breathe!

·
2,111 Posts
I see your Jeep is a 2017. Are you the original owner? I think I'd feel a little better knowing you've driven it around for four years.
To be fair. I saved by doing my own labor.

·
2,111 Posts
Well again welcome to the family. All my clearance was done with an AEV skid and their fender kit. I was able to stay stock and fit 33’s. But, I have a 2 door, so I can get up most things. I’d want 35’s with a 4 door. Others here will be better able to digest more of the specifics of your plan. I’m not up to speed with the JK stuff.

·
2,111 Posts
I guess that's not an issue on the TJ's as I ran for a decade with a 1 Ton setup.
It wasn't until I started competing that I added the PSC Hydro Assist so my stock steering box held up great.

Stupid JKs. You gave the rest of jeep a bad name with your steering woes.
:ROFLMAO:
My TJ did well with the stock Mercedes box, but then finally got sloppy. I went with the non-hydro PSC. The turning is tighter too. It was a great upgrade for me.

·
2,111 Posts
That TJ non-hydro PSC box has been working flawlessly with my stock pump and reservoir. NOTE - When you switch to PSC, you also switch to power steering fluid. Flush it out good. One of the lines changes too. I forgot which one. You buy that new line from PSC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts