Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Different prices for different areas.
I think labor rate of $150 USD is too much, but they charge what they can get.
I think their labor times are too much. I don't think they should do it for free but they are inflated about 20%. Especially if this is a 4x4 shop as they should have experience.
If you really like this shop then it might be worth it to pay a premium just so you know its done right the first time.

AEV has a list of authorized dealers on their web site phone one of them for a price comparison.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It comes with a drag link flip kit as seen on AEV parts listing. I would not put 1 ton steering on it, do you want that?

3.5 you don't need driveshaft's depending on how hard you use your Jeep. Same with track bar bracket.
This shop feels that this is what you need, remembering that they sell to all types of people. Some of which beat the hell out of their Jeep.

What is the end result you want?

The base AEV dual sport 3.5 lift kit would take me about 5-6 hours in the shop and another hour for the drag link flip. Then the alignment. A seasoned off road shop should not be charging more than 10 hours?

·
Registered
752 Posts
One ton steering in a Jk gets rid of the linkage flex which is a good thing. So now if you side hit a curb or rock, the steering wont bend. It probably helps with any sort of shimmy or death wobble.
The down side is that it wont flex or bend and the biggest weak link in a JK's steering is the box. The internet is full of broken sector /pitman shafts. I have seen a few broken myself all from side bump at one of the front wheels. They did even have factory linkage.

I have stock linkage on my Jeep. I have thought this over and still haven't made a decision about what is best.
I think for myself I would go with 1 ton linkage at the same time as a steering box upgrade like what PSC offers.

We can overbuild our Jeeps and only you know what you are going to be doing. Do you want to overland, run easy trails or are you planning on running hard and fast?
What size tires do you want?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Now that's the spirit. I think you have a good plan.
You could do a build thread also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts