Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about a grand to spend in the next month or so, not including a lift or tires what to you all think the most important improvements I can make are?? look at my sig & let me know.

I was thinking roll cage (after Rubiconvicts rollover pics), bumpers & tire carrier or 1" MM & Medics skids.

Any Ideas :?: :?: :lol:

Roger

G

·
0 Posts
Bumpers, winch, hi lift jack, cb, fire extingisher....

With prudent shop'n, you may be able to get all that for just over a grand.

I am a firm believer in doing all the self - recovery stuff first.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
No doubt a winch comes first!!!!

Next consider skids for protecting everything under your jeep.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i have a diff approach...

protect the peeps in the jeeps first.

1) get a cage....lots of them to choose from

2) hi-lift jack

3) fire ext. first aid small tools

4) oil skid / gas skid

more then spends your 1K.......

5) front n rear bumpers the factory ones are crap.

could get 1-4 under a 1K then next is bumpers thats
1K for both...

mac

·
Registered
186 Posts
I vote for the cage. I added mine, not so much because of the possibility of rolling over on the trails ( we only have sand and mud...no rocks) but just like Rubiconvict, I have had too many psychos cut me off etc. on the roads. Its so much safer to stay off the pavement.
:D

·
Registered
343 Posts
I installed the Rockhard cage about 2 weeks ago. Also got the rear spreader and bars that run around the speaker pods. The cage is absolutely awesome! It's a really tight fit and does tend to scratch the surrounding items in the jeep if you are not careful during the install - I installed it myself. Hope I never have to prove it's durability but having it there is comforting. Many will argue the bolt-in vs. weld-in cage. I feel good about my choice for the type of driving I do.

As for bumpers, may I suggest the Jeeperman brand? Eddie at Raingler.com can help you out. I have the front double hoop, rear/tire carrier with frame tie in kit, and trail skids.

As for under body amour, the Medic transfer case skid and engine skid are well worth the investment. Beefy, heavy duty protection. The same goes for the Kilby gas tank and steering skids. My only issue now is that after installing the Medic skid, I have vibes. Now I need to get adjustable rear UCAs and a new rear drive shaft from Tom Woods. One modification tends to lead to another. I should say it's not a problem with the skid, it's just that my drive-line angle has been pushed to the limit. I also have the OME HD lift with 3/4" spacers.

Sorry for the run-on but isn't it all fun?

Phil

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phil,

Thanks for the Rockhard Cage input, and YES it is fun planning and doing the build up of the Rubi, I want to make sure I do things right the first time :wink:

Roger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts