Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife had treadmill and elliptical on one wall of the garage. She wanted to add a fan and TV. There was only one duplex outlet not even within reach of any of it.... so rather than using an extension cord or two and a couple cobra head outlets laying all over the place I added two outlets....
After a couple more patches, spackle and paint it'll be good to go.
Before all you code police come calling, I am well aware I'll probably have to return it back if we ever sell.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,781 Posts
Let me guess - that's an outside wall with no crawl space above the top plate? That's a creative solution for running wire, I like. Use a razor knife and bevel the edges of those access places and spackle two or three times - with some paint it will be invisible.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I would recommend installing protection plates over the Romex where it crosses the studs. Keeps someone from inadvertently driving a screw into the wiring.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me guess - that's an outside wall with no crawl space above the top plate? That's a creative solution for running wire, I like. Use a razor knife and bevel the edges of those access places and spackle two or three times - with some paint it will be invisible.
Ya... outside wall. No option of going down-over-up or up-over-down. Started spackling today.

I would recommend installing protection plates over the Romex where it crosses the studs. Keeps someone from inadvertently driving a screw into the wiring.
Good idea! But crap.... too late, started spackling today. I will own the house until I die and I know it's there. Maybe before I die I'll leave a note on the wall that there is a wire there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts